TWELVE

Jay's POV

"Kayla" I yelled, tears brimming my eyes as I lifted her out of the closet into the parlor.

"Candace!!" I screamed, not realizing I was until she came out. Her face registered shock when she saw Kayla.

"Kayla?!... Ohmygosh!!" we untied the ropes and Scott grabbed the car keys.

"Candace, call the police... I found her in Lewis' room. He's the kidnapper. I have to get her to the hospital"

She grabbed the phone and called officer Calvin and I heard as she related everything to him.

                       * * * * * *

Lamar's POV

I watched Officer Calvin come closer to the cell and stare at us.

"You two wanna talk about anything?"

"You're such a douche bag! You let him go!" Jon muttered and I mentally seconded.

He opened his mouth to reply when his phone rang and he looked at me.

"Your girlfriend" he said huskily before picking. My insides turned at the sound of Candace's voice.

"What?... He's headed home... He left.. Arm yourselves and trap him till we get there." he ended the call and opened the cell door.

"Out boys. Gotta catch him before he gets back to the hotel"

I was confused...

"What's going on?" I asked and he turned in between shouting orders to other officers.

"You were right son, I should have believed you. It's Lewis. Kayla was found in his closet, bleeding"

"Oh god! "

He beckoned to me and handed me a gun.

"Know how to use one?" he asked and I nodded. He squinted his eyes at me and I scoffed.

"What?!" I grew up in the hood."

Grinning, he reached into his pants pocket to retrieve his, I think but his smile vanished and was replaced with a look of worry.

" What's that Officer? "I asked and he muttered.

" I can't find my gun" my eyes widened and we both said in unison, knowing it could have only been him.

"Lewis!"

                         * * * * *
Lewis' POV

I patted the heavy slug of metal in music pocket and grinned. Maybe Lamar could stand a chance now.. The dumbo!

The hotel came into sight and I almost screamed with relief. Walking from the station was quite a journey. I doubled my step towards the hotel and in minutes, I was going up in an elevator.

I knew something was off the minute I walked in. Everyone was in the parlor everyone except Jay.

I slipped my hand into my pocket and patted the gun.

"You mongrel! It was you" Candace screamed and I backed away when I felt a strong pair of hand tightened around my neck,cutting off air. I thrashed helplessly, trying hard to shake him off.

"You bastard" Jay's voice was filled with so much venom. I had no choice. He was of no use to me anyway. I pulled out the gun and shot upwards. Jay fell away from me and Candace screamed.

"Now, where's My Kayla?" I asked.

"Your Kayla?" Jay asked and I shot him a look.

"Yes.. You're just playing with her. You don't love her. I do!"