TWO

Kayla's POV

I was alone in the room when I woke up but I could hear muffled laughter and usual guys arguments coming from the parlor.

I got off the bed, showered quickly and dressed in a knee length bodycon dress with slim silk sleeves.

The girls were watching a makeup tutorial on YouTube and I joined them after patting Jay's cheek while walking past the big chair the guys were sitting on.

Not that he noticed though, they were all engrossed in the racing game.

I lost interest in watching the videos and I watched the race instead, eating the pizza I found in the box on the mini table beside the sofa.

"Yea!" Lewis yelled and the rest of the guys dropped their pads. I guess he'd been winning since.

"Guys guess what I just found out" Jon said bumping into the room. I hadn't noticed he wasn't here.

The guys groaned and I stifled mine.

Whatever it was, it would include some lewd stuff rated 18+.

"The hot receptionist just told me there's a party in the club tonight.. Strippers are coming in too"

"Ugh!"Madison groaned and got up.

" What's wrong Madi? Wanna strip for me? "He teased and Lewis shot him a death glare.

Scott was silent and I wondered why till I saw he had headphones on. He would have castrated Jon.

"You're daft" Madison shot back and went into the room she shared with Scott, slamming the door loudly.

"That was rude" Candice rolled her eyes and I seconded mentally.

"I was just kidding" Jon defended with a nonchalant wave of hand.

"Say that when she tells Scott later" I ground out and all eyes turned on me.

"What?!" I squealed and stood up.

"Are we going to that party or not?" Kate asked and there was a dull response so I guess not.

"Come on guys, it's gonna be lit" Jon encouraged but no one seemed interested.

I stood up and went into the room. My phone was ringing when I walked in. I hurriedly climbed into bed and grabbed it. It was Mom.

"Mom!" I chirped, swinging my almost short legs front and back. I loved talking to her.

I was her only daughter, I had an elder brother, and I had met Jay through his girlfriend, Elaine.

Jay and Elaine were friends cause their moms were colleagues at work and I had met Jay when she visited Juan, my brother and Jay had dropped her off.

I liked him from that moment but we didn't get to talk. A week later, I got a text from him, he had gotten my number from Elaine and I was elated.

We started dating a month after that and he was three years older than  I was.

Mom told me about the new neighbors. She had baked them pie and found it in their trash when she went to ask for her napkins back. She was hurt.

"Maybe they have trust issues mom or they're just not open to such kindness" I soothed.

"I guess they're not.. Asses!" She cussed and I laughed loud, amused at her temper.

I could hear my brother, Juan's voice softly.

"Who're you talking to?" He asked and mom chirped " My baby girl"

I almost blushed.

"Bluey!" I heard my brother shout and I almost face palmed. He calls me that because of my eyes.