SIXTEEN

🔞 heated scenes ahead 🔞

*don't say I didn't warn you. DO Not report my story*

Kayla's POV

I was literally having a panic attack when mom stepped into the large room at the back of the church and smiled.

"Jay's here"

I sighed and then frowned.

"What took him so long?"

"I think he'd explain better when you after the wedding"

I giggled as I watched mom settle the veil over my face.

My bridesmaids trooped into the room.

Candice, Juan's girlfriend and a very pregnant Madison.

They were dressed in slim royal blue African print dresses with fascinators, what I've always wanted.

I clutched my bouquet nervously as the bell dinged, signifying the start of the wedding.

My heart beat doubled and excited butterflies filled my belly.

It was a dream come true. Getting married to the love of my life.

As soon as I got to the entrance of the church, Mom put my hand in Juan's and he led me to the altar, to a waiting Jay. To everyone else, he might look calm and collected but I knew he was as nervous as I was.

It's the best day of our lives.

He couldn't keep back a smile as I got nearer.

Juan dabbed dramatically at his eyes as he handed me over to Jay, making almost everyone laugh.

For the rest of the procession, the exchange of the vows and the kiss, my mind was filled with memories, too much memories.

The good and the bad... Even while we took pictures, I could easily imagine dad there, in distance, waving and smiling at me and my eyes teared up.

Too much emotions set in all at once and during the short drive to the reception, I confided in Jay.

As usual, he helped me calm down and get in the spirit of the day.

It's our Big Day! so I just let it happen.

We had fun at the reception.

When I threw the bouquet and no one had the luck of catching it at first.

They all closed in on it, struggling and making everyone laugh. Even Madison joined in and at last, everyone got a piece.

Jay nudged me and we laughed, holding each other.

Mom was up and about althrough, making acquaintances and seeing to it that everyone was pleased.

Hours after, Jay and I were in our new  range rover, gift from Jay's parents, cruising in the direction of the hotel.

We talked about the wedding, his lame excuse for his late arrival at the wedding. His cufflinks had gone missing. How lame.

Pulling up at the hotel, the chauffeur parked the car and Jay led me to our suite.

It was a large one with Victorian age bedding and drapes.

The lamps were lit and the suite smelled like citrus, my favorite.

I felt my dress being tugged at from behind and I giggled.

"Someone's impatient"

His hands were at the strings holding the back of the dress.