THIRTEEN

Kayla's POV

Madison's bed was placed next to mine and I watched as she slept,Scott holding her hand.

Jay was with the doctor, signing papers to get me discharged. It was my second week at the hospital and Mom wanted me back home.

We had told her everything and trust mom, she f-r-e-a-k-e-d out!

I was surprised she didn't fly over to cart me home.

Not that she would have, she completely trusts Jay.

Speak of the devil!... Jay kissed the top of my head and I managed a smile.

I still hadn't gotten my voice back. The doctor said I would, eventually.

I was discharged and was due to fly home tomorrow. We lodged at a different and farther hotel. Lamar and Candace had flown back today. They needed to get away.

Scott and Madison would have to wait for her to heal halfway before they could go home and in a week, they'd get there.

I stood quietly in front of the mirror and watched as Jay peeled the bandages off to replace them. He kissed my scars softly and I chuckled. He stood to dispose them when something caught my eyes. A letter E.

It was scrawled neatly. I pried off dried blood and watched other letters come clearer. Done, I stood in front of the mirror, staring at myself and shaking visibly, reading the words over and over again.

It read : My property! Mine!

Tears rushed my face and I tried to scream but all I could let out was a grunt. It was maddening.

I picked up a heavy figurine and was gonna throw it at the mirror when Jay's hand covered mine, stopping me from behind.

"It's okay babe... I'm here.. You're okay" He soothed and I shook my head rapidly, pushing him away.

I pointed to the letters scrawled on my belly and he squinted. His eyes widened when he comprehended the meaning.

"Look at me." He muttered and I struggled in his arms,shaking my head.

"It's okay babe.. I love you" I looked at him.

"I don't care about this" he motioned to the scars and I sniffed,tears pooling my eyes.

I picked up my phone on the dresser and typed.

"He touched me and then he did this to me. I'm dirty.. You can't love me"

I showed him and he shook his head, cupping my face in his hands.

"Nothing in this world would make me stop loving you"

But I'm mute!!

"The doctor said you'd get your voice back and even if you don't, I still remember how your voice sounds and I can live with that for the rest of my life "

"You deserve so much more than what I am"

I shook my head and threw the phone on the dresser.

"You are worth more than you used to baby. Trust me. You're the bravest girl I've ever seen. You stayed through it all and frankly speaking, it's all my fault. I should have searched every fucking room in that suite!"

I closed my hands over his and shook my head. Looking deep in his eyes to assure him, tell him the deepest things of my heart I couldn't find voice to tell him, to tell him how much I love him, how much he meant to me.

My heart twisted when he stared back, he didn't understand. My eyes were tearing up and I lowered my head when I heard him pipe up.

"I love you too baby"