good morning

and to think he said he couldn't sleep.

saihara chuckled at the thought once he woke up, greeted by an asleep ouma who was clutched onto him.

"it's not gonna happen, shumai."

"kichi, just try.."

"nope! try and make me, mr detective!"

he smiled at that. at ouma's little remarks and jokes, which most people found completely unbearable. saihara thought it was his way of showing affection. and he was right.

he turned over to face ouma, making sure not to wake him. thankfully, ouma was still asleep.

saihara took in all of ouma's features, which he loved. all of them.

his pale, porcelain skin, his small face, his long eyelashes, the little freckles that dotted the bridge of his nose, which twitched every so often, and made saihara's heart melt.

saihara couldn't help himself. he gently placed a hand on ouma's right cheek, slightly rubbing his face with his thumb. saihara smiled at how warm ouma was, he was usually cold to the touch.

upon being touched, ouma's eyes fluttered open. he immediately smiled, feeling saihara's touch on his face.

he yawned. "morning shumai..."

"good morning, kichi." he said, almost in a low whisper. everything was perfect, peaceful, and quiet, he didn't want to ruin it.

ouma tightened his grip around saihara's arm, which fell asleep. saihara didn't seem to mind. "what's with all the sappy smiling?" he asked him.

"nothing," saihara answered, and after a pause, buried his face into ouma's hair. "you're so pretty, did you know that?" he asked.

ouma blushed at that, but smirked. "wow shuichi, you're so bold today,"

saihara turned to look ouma in the eyes. "i'm just tired." he said, then took ouma's chin in his hand and pulled him into a gentle kiss.

ouma leaned up to fully capture it. after a few seconds he pulled away. "i love you, shumai."

"i love you too, kichi." he let go of ouma's chin and put his arm around his waist. "can we cuddle more now?"

ouma giggled. "of course."