dancing

ouma sat in the library, laying on a table and just staring at the ceiling. every once in a while he figured he should move before a shot put ball falls down and strikes him on the head.

it had been a week since amami died. it really dealt a blow on ouma. amami was his best friend, and had been since they were young. when he died he tried to stay as far away from the investigation and the library itself as possible. but recently he started going in there when he missed him.

right now he had his earbuds plugged into his monopad and was listening to some music. he sat up and brought his knees to his chest and rested his head on his knees. he barely noticed the tears forming in his eyes.

suddenly he heard the door open. he rushed to turn his music off and wipe his tears.

but he was surprised to who it was.

"saihara-chan..?"

"..hey."

they stared at the floor in awkward silence, saihara with his hands in his pockets, leaning back and forth, and ouma still sitting on the table, swinging his legs from the edge.

ouma was certainly confused as to why, or how, frankly, saihara was here. saihara hadn't left his room since the first trial. of course, ouma thought, how could i be so stupid? he lost his best friend as well.

akamatsu.

saihara cleared his throat and managed to look up. "i.. figured.. that since we're both sort of.. going through the same thing.. maybe we could.. hang out? get our minds off it..?"

ouma tilted his head. he's got to be joking, he thought. why would anyone want to hang out with a liar like him?

he shook his head and hopped off the table. "sure thing, saihara-chan!" he smiled forcedly and put his hands behind his head.

saihara smiled softly and started to walk out of the library. ouma followed.

they ended up walking around the school.. if you could even call it that.. and talking. talking about akamatsu and amami. talking about themselves. (well, mostly saihara did that) or talking about what they would do if and when they got out of here.

when they reached the music room, saihara shuddered. ouma noticed this, and of course, knew why. so, he did what any supportive friend would do and dragged the poor detective in the room with him.

"ouma-kun.. i don't really like being in.. here.." saihara muttered.

"saihara-chan. you need to.. face this. i have. you saw me in the library, right?" he smiled. "you can do this."

saihara looked down at ouma and smiled. suddenly, he pulled him into a hug.

ouma jumped a bit when saihara did this, but slowly wrapped his arms around the taller boy.

"..you're right." saihara said as he pulled away. "i really do. i've been in my room all week..."

ouma giggled. "you sleepyhead."

saihara blushed a bit. he was baffled. ouma was the strongest person he knew. he could be so positive when his lifelong best friend just died right before his eyes. saihara really admired that.