₪ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ₪

When I opened my eyes, I was met with a pair of icy blue ones. I took a step back, looking over the rest of whoever this person was.

Old man, blue stern eyes, intelligence radiating off him.

"Aristotle?" I laughed out, not believing it was him. I looked around, and soon realized we were in the palace. The courtyard, to be more specific, "W- what?" I stuttered, stumbling as I turned to see where I was.

Right, I thought Trials. This is the first trial. Ok...

"(Y/N)! You zoned out for a second there. You okay?" The old man, my old mentor, asked, his brown eyebrows scrunching up as he looked at my shaken figure.

I took a deep breath, focusing on the task on hand, "Yeah. I'm okay,"

I needed to get through this. Then I could see Ban.

Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban.

"Okay, let's continue," I nodded my head, feeling ready to face whatever was about to come.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" He rolled his eyes.

I looked at him, confusion plastered across my face.

He let out a dramatic sigh, "Your father wants to fight you. 1 on 1. He's on his way,"

I widened my eyes. This never happened. My dad never wanted to duel with me... He would beat me for sure!

I looked at him in disbelief, "No way..."

He shrugged his shoulders, opening the door in which my dad stood, twisting his sword around.

"Your majesty," Aristotle bowed down to Roberto, his brown beard practically touching the floor.

My eyes met my fathers and my features instantly softened, "Papá..." I smiled, extremely surprised.

I didn't get the same back. Instead, he gave me a harsh glare, "Get ready, (Y/N). You need to prove to me you're worthy of the throne,"

I smile faltered. No one said anything about proving myself... Shit.

"Here, (Y/N)," Aristotle gave me a comforting smile and handed me a sword, the same as my fathers.

I stared down at the sword, then back at my father. He was in position, waiting for me. I let out a shaky breath, my hands that gripped the sword were clammy. I slowly started to feel my heartbeat quicken. I took several breaths in an attempt to calm myself down, but it was no use.

"Okay..." I eventually managed to say, getting a good grip on the weapon in my hand.

As I stared him down, waiting for our fight to start, I could feel his intimidating eyes on me, making me shrink.

I closed my eyes, picture of a certain fox sin of greed appearing. I opened them again, tightening my grip of the sword. I was going to win this.

"Tres... Dos... Uno... YA!" Aristotle yelled.

My father and I both ran to each other. I could tell he was aiming for the instant win, so I slid onto the floor, almost knocking out his legs from under him. I quickly got up, swinging my sword instinctively at the oncoming one.

The noise of metal clashing together filled the room, sparks flying as they collided with such force. My father and I were at each other's necks. He had a crazed look in his eyes, while I had a determined one.

We both pulled back at the same time, and I twirled my sword once before I stopped it as it faced outwards. He whipped his through the hair, the whooshing noise following the threatening movement.