Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Brielle laid in bed and traced her fingers along Daryl’s tattoos on his back. He sighed deeply and she knew he was waking up.  She didn't stop though. She could tell he was now holding his breath and she leaned down and kissed where her fingers just traced.

Daryl turned over on his back to look at Brielle. She looked amazing. His hands reached up and brushed her unruly red hair out of her face.

“Morning,” she whispered.

“Morning,” he whispered back.

Brielle leaned down and kissed Daryl on the lips. She allowed the kiss to linger before she pulled back and looked into Daryl’s eyes.

“How did you sleep?” he asked keeping his hand on her face. He just wanted to touch her.

“Good,” she nodded and smiled at him. “You?”

“Best sleep I've had in years,” he said honestly.

He noticed Brielle’s eyes sparkle as she looked down on him.

“I wish we could just stay here, in this bed, forever,” she said as she curled into Daryl’s side allowing him to wrap his arms around her.

Daryl laughed slightly.

“That would be nice,” he said now rubbing his hand along her bare back.

They sat in silence with heaviness in the air. Both he and Brielle were wondering what was going to happen when they got to Terminus. Was Brielle going to be able to convince Daryl to go to Minnesota? Was Daryl going to convince her to stay with him? They didn't know what was going to happen.

“We should get going,” Brielle said quietly.

“I was thinking of doing a quick small game hunt while you finish packing up. Something to keep us going on the road,” he said still tracing circles on her bare back.

“Okay,” she said quietly and sighed.

Daryl kissed Brielle on the lips and pulled her towards him by the small of her back.

“I’ll be back before you know it,” he said looking down on her.

“Sounds good. Sam and I will be waiting,” she smiled up at him.

Daryl nodded and left the yard going towards the woods. Brielle watched him until he was out of sight. She then started to gather up the stuff from inside the house.

She had the tarps and chains in her hands as she walked out of the house towards the garage. She was looking down and didn't notice what or who had come into the yard.

“Well, well, well. Look what we have here,” she heard a familiar voice. She dropped her stuff and saw a group of five guys standing in front of her with their weapons raised. She reached for her pistol.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you,” the man in front of her stopped her.

Sam came around the corner of the house and started to bare his teeth and snarl.

“You best calm him down or I will shoot him,” another man said as he raised his gun towards Sam.

“Sam, house,” Brielle said, but Sam kept his stance.

The guy walked closer to Sam ready to shoot.

“House!” Brielle shouted and Sam slowly walked towards the house.

“That’s a good girl. You know, I think we are going to get along just fine if you obey orders that well,” the man who Brielle figured to be Joe had said.