chap 10

Chapter 10

I groaned as I sat up

I was in the familiar area that I kept reappearing to in my world I sat up groggily, I looked around but it looked like I was the only one here

“Angin” I said as I looked at the clock tower that wasn’t moving “Why am I here without anyone else?”

“Because the Akatsuki have taken the demon inside of Kasai, and plan to take Raikou’s as well”

“How are we going to do any good here then?” I asked

“I overheard the Akatsuki members talking about a girl that used to be in the Akatsuki by the name of Konan, she blew up her room and they believe that she went back to her world, your world. I want you to find her”

“Okay” I said as I got up and headed to the library, walking around the cars that once were speeding down the streets and looking in awe at the frozen streets of Tokyo. Once in the library I grabbed a computer and attempted to write Konan’s name in the search bar. “Angin, you are going to need to speed up time for me to do research” I said and in an instant the world was going at normal speed. I again typed in Konan’s name. I got some hits in Russia, but nothing seemed legit.

“She had the power to control metal, and there was talk of a dimensional travel machine she was building” Angin added

I typed in dimension travel and an article popped up as a hit, curious I clicked the link and noted it needed a password to see the article. I typed in random things and luckily it allowed me to view the article, which read:

“On January 12, 2011 an explosion at the main building of the Kodachi Company occurred at 7:30. Luckily no one was in the building but it has been noted that there was a dimension travel machine in the building, and it was the thing that blew up the building and it is believed to not be a terrorist attack…”

I looked at the picture that came with the article and sighed, the machine did not set off the explosion for the entire building was leveled. I went to the Kodacahi Company’s website and looked up employees. Most of the other links were off limits to the public, but the employees had yet to be.

‘The company probably believes it is a terrorist attack and will fix the website soon to protect their employees’ I thought as I looked at the date it was last updated, which was a year ago. I looked at the pictures and came across a picture of a girl who looked older than me but easily the youngest in the company, Cobalt Ravencroft. I looked at another article that the site had that stated that Cobalt had disappeared.

Making another tab I typed Cobalt Konan metal and another hit in Russia occurred, curious now I clicked the link stating that a young metal genius had arrived in Anadyr and had already created something that made the company she had joined stock increase dramatically. I clicked on the pictures of the employees and noticed a blue haired girl with blue eyes and a lip ring, she looked familiar and I switched to the other tab. The two were identical. I switched to the other tab once more and wrote down the address to the girl, before everything went quiet; I looked around to see everything was frozen in time. I walked out of the library

“I slowed down time so it is half of the other world’s time, you need to find her”

“Okay” I said as I took off running. Once to the edge of Honshu, which took about an hour in real world time slowed down I looked at the ocean “How am I going to cross this?” I asked

“Run on it” Angin replied “You have chakra now, so run on the water”

“Okay” I said, using chakra to keep me from falling in the water I stepped into the ocean, since I had never done this before I was frightened, and sank into the ocean a few times before I finally got used to it to start a slow jog, and once used to that a full on run, and once comfortable with that a run with added chakra to my feet to have my strides become longer.