Black Figures to Show the Unknown

Chapter 12

Well here we are.

I'm surprised you're here alone. That's not usually what happens.

Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever.

So what made you come to this side of town?

Was in the neighborhood on business. Wanted to stop by and see how your doing.

I doubt that.

Doubt what, Skylar asks?

The whole wanting to see how I'm doing.

What you don't believe me?

Nope not at all.

Damn I'm a little hurt about it.

Why should I?

I don't know.

I don't know why we keep playing these games with each other, Alice says.

We made a mistake. Why can't you let it go?

Y'all broke my heart and want me to just forgive and forget like everything is blunts and weed, when it's fucking not.

What more do you want from us besides an apology?

I want y'all not to have broken my heart.

We can't go back and change that. We don't have a time machine you know.

Then it's nothing y'all can say or do.

I still love you. Does that make it and you feel better, Skylar asks?

Really you love me?

Yes of course I do. I never stopped loving you. Hell me or Damon never stopped.

I just can't do it right now.

Can't do what?

Us. Everything. Me, you and Damon.

I don't take no for an answer. I always get what the fuck I want. You should know that by now.

Oh trust me I know. That's why I'm not going to let you manipulate me just like you do with Damon and everyone else, Alice says.

Damon is different. Wait.... I don't manipulate you or anyone else.

Then why you say Damon is different then?

It took me a moment to realize what you actually said.

Doesn't matter. The answer is still no.

I can't believe you right now. I knew I should've went to your sister instead.

Uh excuse me, but you was the one that came to me and begged me to join y'all. Just cause you didn't want to find and try to trust anyone else. Oh and plus you don't really trust or like my fucking sister. Hell I don't really like or trust her ass.

You're going to say yes before the day over with, Skylar says.

I bet you I don't.

Look here, cause I'm only going to say this once and then it's going to be bad blood and a war between us.

What is it?

Say yes or else!

Or else what?

I will kill you and you know that.

I'm not scared of you. You know what I don't care, cause the answer again is still no, Alice says.

That's sad.