Stay Alive

FULL CREDIT TO LIN- MANUEL MIRANDA FOR HAMILTON AND
CHRIS SONNENBURG FOR TANGLED THE SERIES

Quirin ran into the room, busting open the door. "Where's my son?!" He shouted. "Where is he?!"

The doctor walked to him. "Quirin, come in. They brought him here about an hour ago." He said, voice full of authority. "But, sir, the wound was already infected when he came in."

Varian's father's face filled with worry. "Take me to him." He ordered.

He led Quirin to a silver room with a grayish bed in the middle of the room. He ran to his son laying on it and knelt down, grasping the 19 year olds hand. "Varian."He said, voice shaking.

Varian's breath was shaky. "D-dad." He smiled softly. "I did exactly as you said, dad." He said. "I held my head up high."

"I know, I know." Quirin shushed him. "You did everything just right."

"Even before we got to ten,  I was aiming for the sky." His eyes filled with tears as blood oozed from his arm. He ignored his father's constant attempt to stop him talking. "I was aiming for the sky." He repeated.

"I know, save your strength and stay alive." He muttered, tears falling from his eyes as Varian's girlfriend, Cassandra ran in.

"Cassandra..." Quirin turned to her.

"Is he breathing?" She looked at him. "Is he going to survive this?" She ran to the hospital bed and began smoothing back Varian's bangs from his sweating forehead. "Who did this?" She said, staring at his half opened light blue eyes. "Quirin, did you know?"

"Cass," He smiled at her. "I'm so sorry for forgeting what you taught me." He referenced when she taught him to count to 9 in french. Who he was dueling shot him when they were only at 7. He thought he miscounted.

"Stay alive, Varian." She let a tear run down her face.

He reached up and pushed her black hair out of her face. "We played piano..."

She smiled. "I taught you piano..."

"You would put your hands on mine."

"You changed the melody every time." She rolled her tear-filled eyes.

"I would always change the line." She shushed him. I would always change the line." He repeated again.

"Un, duex, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." She began counting. Varian smiled and counted along. "Good." She smiled at him. "La, da, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."
They counted together until Varian cut off, closing his eyes.

"Sept, huit, neuf..." Cassandra muttered. Sept, huit, neuf. " She let out a sob and kissed Varian's forehead.

He was gone...

I didn't cry writing this............

My eyes just started sweating..........

DONT JUDGE ME! THIS WAS A SAD PART!

Should I write a chapter for "it's Quiet Uptown " to break my heart more?

You decide!