Chapter 50

(Unedited)

Luna's POV

"Take cover!!" Sin boomed

Just like that every person in the room went and hid behind any object they could get their hands on.

I on the other hand stood frozen on the spot in a mixture of both terror and shock. In a few split seconds a heavy and hard body fell on top of me and lay over me, caging me in protectively.

I didn't care to figure out who it was that practically threw themselves on top of me as I awaited the bomb to go off and for flames to engulf my body.

But nothing happened.

Nothing went off and nothing happened as expected.

After a few moments I opened my eyes as they had closed shut in fear. I tried to get up but then soon remembered that there was someone on top of me.

I didn't need to tell them to get off of me at all as the person lifted his head from the crook of my neck and our eyes met.

Sin.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I expected anything but this. Looking into his eyes I didn't see any clear emotion as he was unreadable but an emotion that was visible enough for me to decipher was fear.

Any other person wouldn't be able to see it as I could tell that he was masking it but to me it was visible.
When the glare in his eyes shifted, I knew that he'd figured out that I had registered the fear in his eyes and when he did, his eyes immediately went blank. Not a single emotion was present in his eyes, just their coldness.

Before I could say anything, he got himself off of me and stood up. I know what you must be thinking, did he reach out a hand to help me up? No he didn't. Anyway I successfully got myself up.

When I did, I shot Sin a quick glance and I suddenly wished I hadn't. The moment Sin got up, Kylie rushed to his side.

"Sin baby, are you okay?" She asked him as she examined him for any wounds or scrapes.

I almost gave the entire thing an eye roll but decided to surpress it as I didn't want to draw any attention to me.

"Sin? Are you hurt?" Then went Carina, also repeating the same actions as Kylie. Making sure that her son was fine.

Within a few minutes, the staff that was in the kitchen, ran to our side.

"Ma'am, what happened? We heard some commotion." One of the staff said.

"It's nothing. You can go proceed with work." Carina said to them in a dismissing tone.

You could clearly see that they weren't content with Carina's reply but left anyway as they were dismissed.

"What the hell was that!?" Tory asked as she also came to Carina's side.

"A bomb." Kylie replied.

"I see that but why didn't it go off." Tory proceeded.

"Good question." Mrs Black, Tory's mom, said as she and Travis walked to everyone else's side.

Just as her mom came to her side, Tory slowly started walking back to the table towards the box that had the bomb.

"There's something in here." Tory stated, gesturing to the box.

Before anyone could reply, Sin also made his way to where Tory stood.
Tory then stepped back and let Sin see what else was inside the box besides the bomb.

He reached his hand in and took out a small, square shaped piece of paper.

Sin brought the paper to his reading level and he read it.