Devil in Me

"Give it back!" I begged, my long ginger hair falling limply in front of my face, blocking my vision.

It was a tuesday.

Not that that made any difference.

"If you want it back, come geddit!" Taunted Bruce, leader of the gang of imbeciles that most people consider popular. Tears welled in my eyes. I had been trying to get my bag back for at least 10 minutes now, and had still got no further in the matter of retrieving my bag. I blinked back the tears that were in my eyes, and shoved my messy orange mop of hair out of my face.

"I'm telling you-" I began lamely but I was interupted.

"Telling me what? To give it back, or you'll tell on me!" Bruce jeered, as I sighed miserably.

I would have liked nothing more than to dash into the girls toilets crying like a little kid, but I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Passers by were starting to stare and I could feel my cheeks flaming. Not a good look with orange hair, I can assure you. I was beginning to panick now. Class started in 5 minutes. Oh My Satan.

Because of my vision of fire that I had on my head, I was teased. It also didn't help that I had a weird name like Hexyl, and that I was also kind of geeky. To add insult to injury, my parents were devoted to christianity and that was never a good thing to mention on the first day of high school. Neither was it good to mention that because of your parents devotion to the white-robed lord, that I was a big fan of the red guy down in the underworld. Not a satanist, but not unreligious. This kind of mishap was how I ended up being picked on and got myself into unfortunate situations like the 'Give-the-bag-back' mess. For a wholde 2 years. Oh.

I was beginning to get desperate now.

Then, I saw Him.

My knight in shining amour was rapidly approaching.

Aaron.

Of course, Aaron was a friend of the evil bag-snatchers, but I loved him with all my heart.

He was different. He would never join in the teasing, but he was always there save me.

Like I was kinda hoping he would now.

As soon as Bruce and Co. saw their buddy, they hurled my bag at me with such force that I smacked into the wall that was just behind me. I groaned, and fell into a slumped heap on the floor.

The popular people ran off to embrace Aaron in a Bromance type hug. Laughing, he wrestled them off and they began to lollop to class.

"Need some help?"

Gratefully, I accected the hand that was outstretched.

Aaron. Like I said. Always there.

"Thanks" I mumbled, trying to avoid eye contact as I had turned beetroot red with this sudden physical contact.

"No problem. Listen, are you-"

"Aaaarrrrrrrrrooooooooonnnnn"

My beloved was interupted by a sound that could make even the worlds strongest man cry like a six year old girl.

The screechy voice of Aarons girlfriend.....Tamii.

Yes, thats right. Tamii. With two i's. Words cannot describe.

She hurried over, not wanting be parted from her,and I quote, "MarshMellow Man". When she reached us she made a shocked kind of breath sound. I realized Aaron and I were still holding hands. I let go, blushing to the roots of my hair. Before, I could apologize, Tamii dragged Aaron away. I watched them leave together, deeply saddened.

"Bye Hexyl!" Aaron managed to tell me over his shoulder.

Yeah, bye.

I would make such I better girlfriend for Aaron. Partly because, not only do I think he's gorgeous, we are compatible on a deeper level. We used to sit together in quite a few lessons, and we always got on well. That's when I realized we were soul-mates. But, unfortunately, he never gave me any kind of hint to show he returned my feelings. But, I was sure we would still get married.

Most likely a vegas wedding where he's either drunk or drugged, a marriage quickly to be ended once he became sober again.

But I can still dream.