CHAPTER 4

"So what's up, mate?" Felix finally asked when they were sitting down to dinner once Chan reached Sydney. Felix' wife Lia let them go out to catch up, but insisted that the next night, they would be having a family dinner – a good old home cooked meal.

"Why does something have to be up?" Chan asked defiantly. He didn't know why he was being so difficult. Just the thought of Jihye put him in a shit mood and she was definitely what Felix was referring to when he asked what was up. He knew.

"I can tell by the way you're acting that something is up," Felix said, looking at him knowingly. Chan forgot that Felix was the most observant person on the fucking planet. He forgot he knew him better than almost anyone.

Chan sighed, preparing himself. He went on to tell him all about his fight with Jihye, her surgery he had no knowledge of, and the fact that things were worse off than ever before.

"And to top it all off, she hired a smoking hot nanny. I can't keep my eyes off of her. She's just... she's amazing," Chan told him.

"Wait, what?" Felix asked, confused.

"Aera. She's amazing," Chan said, looking up into his mate's disapproving eyes.

"Chan," Felix said in a warning tone.

"I can't help it, okay. I can't. She's gorgeous and I can't stop thinking about her," Chan sighed, giving up holding back what was on his mind.

"Chan, what are you thinking?" Felix asked.

"I don't know. I don't fucking know. I just know that Jihye is like a cold hard bitch and I can't get anything from her. We've hit a brick wall. And I'm stuck," he grumbled.

Felix's eyes only got wider, the more Chan revealed.

"And Aera, we're like, I don't know. We get along. We have the same personalities and she fucks the shit out of me with her eyes every time she looks at me," Chan said, his words coming out like verbal diarrhea.

"Chan!" Felix scolded.

"What?" Chan said, stopping to look up at him again.

"Do you even realize what is coming out of your mouth?" Felix asked, his mouth slack-jawed with disbelief.

"What?" He questioned.

"You're contemplating things you shouldn't be contemplating," Felix said in a hushed tone.

"What options do I have left?" Chan asked.

"Working things out with Jihye," Felix insisted.

"I just... I guess," Chan sighed, realizing how messed up it all was.

Jihye was his wife – the woman he pledged his life to, for better or worse. And he was sure they were in the worst part of their marriage. She was his wife and he did love and care for her, no matter her flaws.

But there was so much temptation with Aera – so much possibility. And Chan didn't know how much longer he'd be able to last with the lack of intimacy from his wife. He was starting to deteriorate from his sexual drought.

After slightly snapping on Felix about his judgmental tone, Felix eased up and let Chan get things off his chest. He began to side with him for the most part, but insisted Chan needed to choose a side – that he couldn't have both. He either needed to work things out with Jihye or he needed to end it before he started straying from his marriage. Chan knew Felix had a point, but life wasn't always that easy.

After having a very sexual, very wet dream about Aera that night, Chan was certain his urges were about to blow up in his face. He was doomed to break.

The next couple of days while staying with Felix, Chan debated the topic in his head – whether he was going to be faithful to a wife who had no regard to his feelings or needs, or if he was going to fulfil said needs elsewhere. By the time he saw Aera's face again, he wasn't so conflicted anymore. He pretty much decided that he wasn't going to hold back if things developed between the two of them. And he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back if they did.