CHAPTER 21

The morning came too fast. Aera was woken up by the brightness of the morning. Chan's arms were still wrapped around her tightly and she could feel his face buried in the nape of her neck – still asleep. Aera wiggled in his arms, turning toward him so she could see him and he slowly woke up.

"Good morning," she said airily.

"'Morning," he croaked with a smile on his lips.

They kissed each other quickly as they lay there looking into each other's eyes. Chan's smile slowly faded and Aera's fell right after. The weight of the morning was slowly dawning on them. In a few short hours, Chan would be bringing her to the airport to fly back . "I-I need to go get ready," Aera whispered.

"I don't want you to go," he said sadly.

"I don't want to either," she replied somberly.

"Then stay until we leave at the end of the week," Chan told her.

"Chan, I don't think that's a good idea," Aera said, her eyes falling from his face.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I think we need to do it like a Band-Aid – rip it off as fast as possible so the pain isn't as intense," Aera told him.

"The pain is going to be intense no matter what," Chan countered. Aera nodded because she knew he was right.

"You need to get the kids up. And I need to go get my stuff together," she told him, changing the subject. He nodded sadly.

They both reluctantly got up, but before they left the room, Chan pulled her into his arms and held her. After a few moments he kissed her lips and then let her go. They went their separate ways once they were outside the confines of his room – Aera to her room and Chan to his kids' rooms to wake them up.

It didn't take long for Aera to get everything together. She pulled both her suitcases to the entryway as Felix came up to her.

"I can put those in the car for you," he offered.

"That would be awesome, Felix," she said with a small smile.

He gave her a nod as he grabbed the handle of one of the bags. Feeling a sudden rush of appreciation for the man standing in front of her, Aera wrapped her arms around him in a hug. He hugged her back as he chuckled at her abruptness.

"Thank you so much, Felix," she whispered in his ear.

"You're welcome, Aera," he told her.

Aera pulled back and smiled at him. He gave her a smirk in response.

"I hope you keep in touch," Felix told her.

"I will," she said with a smile.

"When I come back to Korea , you will always be on the list," he told her.

"Okay, ha. I can't wait to see you," she laughed.

"Good," he chuckled before grabbing her bags. Aera held open the door for him and he took them out to the car.

When Aera went into the kitchen, Chan was in the process of making pancakes for everyone.

"Aera!" Jaehyun cheered as she walked in.

"Hi, buddy!" She smiled at him.

"Hey, guys. It's Aera's last morning with us," Chan told his kids.

"I don't want you to go," Areum said, her face scrunching up with emotion.

"I don't want to leave, but in a couple of days you'll be in Brisbane with your grandma and auntie. And you guys will be having so much fun that you'll totally forget all about me," Aera told them.