Switch: Bokuto Kōtarō

Who doesn't like a little bit of Soulmate Aus? Cause I love them and wanted to try my hand at one again. Also, let's all take a minute to appreciate hair down Bokuto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The music blared in her ears, the atmosphere of the crowded club suddenly feeling stuffy. She knocked back another hit of alcohol, letting it burn her throat as it went down. If it was up to her, she would have stayed home. Her friends had dragged her to a new club that had opened for her birthday, and being her she couldn't say no to them. After all, she had barely seen them over the years, after she had thrown herself into work

To be honest, it was more to avoid her friends than to take her mind off her ex, he was a great guy sure. But he found his soulmate and she couldn't keep him apart from them. She had given up on the whole soulmate thing a year after her sixteenth birthday. It was common law that once you passed that age you and your soulmate would get a way to meet each other.

Whether it was writing notes to one another on your body, or a matching tattoo with them. She remembers the countless times sitting in her room with her friends where they all fantasize about what form of communication they'd get. All hoping for the easiest one possible, wanting to meet the person made for them as soon as they could.

The excitement she felt on her birthday was like no other birthday, she tried every trick in the book to find out what she got. But every doodle, every check in the mirror produced nothing. It was easier to pretend that she just hadn't found her soulmate, not the possibility that she simply didn't have one. It got easier as time passed, after a year and not even one of the rarer ones of seeing them in a dream happened. She decided it was better to focus on her studies than relationships.

She was thrown back into reality by a hand on her shoulder and a concerned look from her friends. She merely smiled, chugging the last of her drink before following them back onto the dance floor.

She peeled her eyes open, not recognizing her surroundings. Before she could fully process the room around her a pillow was thrown on top of her. "What the fuck!" her eyes widened, her voice sounded deeper, it wasn't hers, was it? She sat up in the unfamiliar bed to meet three boys at the end of her bed. It was easy to find the culprit of the pillow throwing, seeing as a piss coloured hair stranger already had another pillow in his hand.

"Damn Bokkun, who knew you'd be so grumpy this morning." she wasn't sure why but his stupid smile pissed her off to no end, she ran a hand through her hair finding it much shorter than she remembered. When she didn't answer their smiles faltered, usually Bokuto would be much happier in the morning. Was their friend okay?

"Bokuto, are you okay?" the shorter of the three-spoke up, concern lacing his voice. She blinked a few times, offering a smile.

"Of course er, dude? I'm just not feeling well." they clearly knew whoever she had woken up as, but she wanted them out as soon as possible to try and rid herself of this embarrassment. She had wanted to find her soulmate, but not like this. This was way worse than she thought, it was her firm belief that it was going to be a casual mix up and that it would be sudden writing on her arm one day.

"Alright...Uh well, you missed practice this morning." she was beginning to panic, it was clear these three were his friends and maybe teammates? Oh god what practice, would she have to learn a whole new sport or something?

Sports were not exactly her thing, sure she had been the manager at Aoba Johsai for their volleyball team. But that was the extent of her knowledge of sports, it's not as if she ever played the sport. "We came over when you didn't answer your phone, clearly that was a smart move." she gave a questioning glance to the black-haired male who wore a mask and was slowly moving further towards the wall away from him.