Chapter 38

Sunlight blinds my eyes. Ugh, morning. I stretch my arms and back. Only to start to fall.

"SHIT!" I grab the branch that I was just sitting on a second ago. I look down to notice a group of branches under me, like a natural platform almost. I let go hesitantly and drop down to the patch of branches.

"Well that probably wasn't the first time that's happened to me," I mutter. I sit on my butt, back rested against the trunk. I peer through the branches to see everyone already working. By the looks of it, it's already noonish.

Last nights events play in my mind. Me getting a dress, talking to Jack, and him disappearing.

Jack, are you okay?

No reply. Shit. This is bad. Really bad. I hope he's okay.

I start to climb down from my little patch of branches. Slowly and carefully. Try not to fall-

My foot slips form the branch. I hang with one hand above the ground, twenty feet in the air.

"Shitshitshit," I mumble trying to grab another branch.

"Hell enough of this crap," I mumble. I let go of the one branch falling through the tree, dodging other branches that try to stop me.

Finally I reach the ground. A few scraps and scratches along my arms and legs. I start to walk out of the forest to the glade. First, food.

I walk straight up to the kitchen, "Hello Frypan."

He looks up from the counter, where he's cutting up carrots, "What happened to you? Why are you all cut up?"

"I...fell."

"From where?" He asks perplexed.

"From the top of one of the trees, well more from the middle actually," I answer.

"How long were you up there? It's almost lunch and I didn't see you at breakfast?"

"I was sleeping...in the tree...then almost fell...then I did." He shakes his head and laughs.

"You will never cease to amaze me," he says.

"Cool," I say. Just then someone wraps their arms around my waist and kiss my cheek.

"Guess who?"

"Gally." I say sarcastically.

Newt spins me around to face him, "Why would you say that?" I roll my eyes and shake my head chuckling slightly. He kisses me one more time.

"Where were you last night?"

"In a tree."

"Which I fell asleep in." I add.

"And fell," Frypan adds.

I point my thumb in Frypan's direction, "That too."

"You fell out of a tree? Without a scratch?"

"I have scratches," I say confused. Quickly I check my arms and legs. Nothing.

That's odd.

"How long did you sleep in," Newt asks.

I look at the floor and mumble," Till like 10 minutes ago." I look back up, "Anyways, I'm going back into the forest."

I turn around to head to the forest until I'm stopped by Newt grabbing me by the waist. I look back at him.

"Whaaaatttt?" I whine.

"You haven't eaten anything." I role my eyes.

"But I'm not huuuunnngggrrrryy," I whine.

"You need to eat to live,"he says. He walks back to get a sandwich.

"You need to eat," I mock quietly when he walks away. He comes back.

"I heard that," he says as he pushes the plate towards me.

"Heard what," I ask innocently.

He raises his voice trying to copy my voice, "You need to eat."

"Has anyone told you you're terrible at impressions," I say laughing. He rolls his eyes.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.

I sit by the lake in my peach dress, soaking up the warm sunlight.

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle..." I mumble tapping my right hand on top of the other. My eyes shoot open.

Again I sing it a little louder, "I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle."

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go I can't do it alone I've tried
And I don't know why."

"Slow it down
Make it stop
Or else my heart is going to pop
'Cause it's too much
Yeah, it's a lot
To be something I'm not..."

I know lyrics to a song...my memory...ITS COMING BACK.

"YES! HAHA" I laugh loudly spinning in circles by the lake.

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go I can't do it alone I've tried!HAHAHA!" I spin and spin.

.•*•.Loki's POV.•*•.

"She's going to ruin the experiment," she mumbles.

"Let her, the cycle will just restart after," He says back, "Just need some more time."

"I DON'T HAVE TIME," She yells. His hand wraps around the women's neck. Cutting off her air supply. She tries to claw at his hand.

"You will continue with the girl...it's only a matter of time before he has to come up, so I suggest you continue you her here," He sneers. He let goes of her neck. She falls to the floor gasping for breath.

"Her memories will slowly come back," she chokes out.

"Why?" I ask impatient.

"The 'power' she has...it overrules the-"

"I get it. Let them come back... it will help me even more."

"What about Earth...or Midgard."

"Crumbling into beautiful chaos."