Chapter 43

I stare at the figure that's staring back at me. And that figure is...me. Not a reflection, but a copy. Slowly it makes it's way over to me. Hand outstretched...coming closer. I try to move, but the binds came back. I can't move. I struggle panic takes over. The oxygen I held leaves my mouth in a scream. Slowly my vision
fades as it comes face to face with me. A blank expression. With one finger she touches the center of my forehead. And everything goes black.

Newt's POV

I watch Ren dive into the water. I wait a few seconds for her to come back up. Maybe she swam to the other side.

"Ren?" I shout. Waiting for her voice. Silence.

"Ren come on it's not funny," I yell.

I look around for her. When something starts to glow under water. Ren.

I quickly swim over to the bright white light shining under the surface. Taking a deep breath, I dive under. I spot Ren's body, sinking. Her necklace glowing bright. Snatch her body, my lungs begging for air as I swim to the surface. Just a little more.

Our heads pop above the surface. I take a deep breath of air and start swimming to shore.

I pick Ren up bridal style and run through the woods. I pass every tree. It feels like the glade is farther and farther away each step I take. Soon I break pass the trees into the glade.

"MEDJACKS!MEDJACKS!"

.•^•.

Ren's POV

I wake up breathing heavy. I look around the room. I remember everything. Stark towers, Jack, Riley, Loki, the suit, the party, EVERYTHING!

"Ren!" I hear someone yell.

"Yeah, what?" I ask not removing my eyes from the spot on the wall in front of me.

"You're awake!" I hear another voice.

"Mmhmm," I answer. How,what,why....questions race through my mind.

Someone touches my shoulder, "You okay, love?"

"Yeah," I answer, not listening. I finally snap back into reality.

I push Newt's hand off my shoulder and jump out of bed. I sprint out the door. I superspeed up my tree.

My breath gets shorter and quicker. My mind racing with thoughts. My hands shaking in fear.

"Why- how could...why isn't...just..." I mumble. I feel as if I don't get my thoughts out of my head I'll explode. Suddenly I feel light headed from my short intake of oxygen.

I slowly start breathing in and out. Big deep breaths. In....out...in...out...focus.

"REN! I KNOW YOU'RE UP THERE! COME DOWN!" I hear Newt's voice.

"One second," I reply. Slowly I make my way down the tree. Back to the floor.

I reach the bottom. Staring at the ground, refusing to look at Newt.

"Ren what happened over there!" he says.

"Nothing, just..."

"You're acting strange," Newt says.

I really want to say, WOULDN'T YOU IF YOU REALIZE YOUR LOVE IS A LIE? AND WHERE YOU ARE IS BECAUSE OF A POWER CRAZED GOD SENT YOU HERE AND REMOVED YOUR MEMORIES? HUH!

I roll my eyes and walk away. His hand grips my shoulder. He spins me around to face him.

"What," I spit annoyed. I just wanna be left alone.