14. Penthouse

I am almost nearing our destination on the gps when Hardin jerks wake beside me.

I didn't want to wake him up.
The pain killer definitely helped him sleep through the whole drive.

He immidiately checks the time and location. An annoyed expression spreads across his face.

" You were supposed to wake me up Theresa" he sounds mich more annoyed than he looks.

"Well, it wasn't safe. The painkiller certainly had some drowsy side effects. You slept throughout... Did you want to drive and crash???

And it's ok. We're almost there. " I try to reason while driving.

He clicks his tongue but doesn't argue further. He takes his phone and makes a call and puts it on speaker. With a side glance I see it's Molly

Molly - "Hey Hardin, you guys reached?"

Hardin- "Almost. You?"

Molly- "We are picking up Steph and Nate. Landon ditched bro. He is off to meet his chick in Michigan. These pigs are hungry again. Might take us few more hours."

Hardin- "Um... Be careful Molly. It's 9 already. Keep the window up in Seattle."

Molly - "Chill bro. We will be fine."

Hardin- "ok. see ya"

Molly - "see ya."

Windows up in Seattle?

I am not sure but the phone call made Hardin anxious. He quickly brings out his iPad and start typing something... I can't help but ask,

" You ok right?"

He nods.
" Look at the road" he snaps.

Back to being a rude ass.

............

Once we reach the building he guides me where to park.
It is then when I come to grasp in the surroundings. The building is absolutely posh.

We get down the car and and hardin brings out my luggage even when I don't want him to do it... We get to the lift and he punches in the code for his floor.

Everything is coded with passwords.

When the door opens my jaws are crawling on the floor.

What the fuck is this? This is absolutely marvelous.

The pent house is freaking huge and gorgeous. Stepping out of the elevator I find a huge living area with giant sofa, a center table. The fireplace is to beautiful. The entire decor is grey and black toned with slight gold touches.
And of course on the left if you turn you find a kitchen with a bar. A HUGE bar, if I must say.

" This place is yours?" I stutter in awe.

" Yeah.. " I look at him. And he is nervous? His face is serious almost. He is looking at me in an expectant way.. Why is he nervous?

"It's beautiful!!! " I exclaim with a smile.

" Um glad you like it." He smiles a relaxed smile, "Come sit." He guides me till the sofa. .

I take a seat but still gaze around the place.

How stinky rich is he actually?

He is too young,I thought to buy this on his own.

What is his age by the way?

" What is your age by the way?" I blurt exactly what I was thinking.