Chapter 11 "Too Late?"

AT THE BAU

after they get back all of the team walks through the glass doors and to the round table again. they place the pictures in the table and start looking at them trying to figure out the first time he saw you.

M: this! this is the first one it's dated back 4 months ago.

S: he knew her 2 months before actually "meeting" her?

M: seems like it. this picture shows her at the store.

H: she probably helped him and he thought that it meant she loved him and he started to obsess. taking pictures of her wherever she was. even more when she was with spencer. crossing your face out his face from rage of another guy being with her. y/n was cheating on him in his eyes.

spencer sat down because all this was too much for him. he starts tearing up before garcia busts in with a new address. saying it's adams parents old home that never sold.

BACK TO Y/N (before they get the new address)

you try to get up and walk, but your legs weak making it hard. you slowly open the door and look around to see adam. he wasn't there, so you step out trying to find some kind of way upstairs.

there was a set of stairs leading up to a closed door. you slowly crawled up then trying not to make a sound.

when you reached the door you turned the doorknob, grateful that it was unlocked. the door creaked a little when you opened it and that scared you. you thought for sure adam was going to run around the corner and catch you trying to escape, but nothing. you opened it just enough for you to slide though and saw you were in a regular house. you saw out a window that there were woods and that the fireplace wasn't lit.

he's out collecting wood! you thought. now walking a little faster to the front door, unlocking it.

even though your legs were weak you still ran down the street. you ran for your life. you had to run until you saw a house that had a light on. which wasn't for a long time, but when you found it you got to the front door of the house and knocked. an older lady opened the door and freaked out when she saw you, face covered in blood, black eyes, and bruised all on your face. she pulled you in and called 911.

paramedics came and brought you to the hospital. while in the ambulance you passed out.

you arrived at the hospital. where they took you to a room and started to assess your injuries. your eyes opened and the bright light scared you. you thought adam had you again and you started flailing your arms and legs. the doctors quickly pinning them down.

Dr: hey. calm down. it's okay. you're at the hospital. what's your name sweetie?

Y: y/n... y/n y/l/n. i'm an FBI agent. please call-

before you could tell them who to call you passed out again.

BACK AT THE BAU

when garcia told them the address they didn't even hesitate. they got up and drove there even faster than they did before.

arriving at the house they notice the front door wide open. hotch, emily, and rossi go to the woods and morgan and spencer go in the house.

there is only one level besides the basement so checking wasn't hard. the main floor was empty. when they reach the kitchen the basement door is open and they walk down, guns pointed. the large door of the room you were in still open and adam sitting in the chair.

M: FBI! put your hands where i can see them!

spencer using the radio to tell the rest that they've got him.

adam stays sitting in the chair, he's holding your shoes.

M: get up! NOW!

he stands up and drops the shoes. morgan rushes over to him, pins him against the wall, and puts his hands behind his back.

S: where is she!

A: she's gone. she wont ever be the same without me.

spencer gave him a nasty look and morgan walks him up the stairs and out of the house into a cop car.

spencer gets so angry that he picks up the chair and slams it against the wall. emily running down the basement stairs when hearing the sound. she walks in that small room to see the chair in pieces. she walks over to him and hugs him as he cry's on her shoulder.

- - -

hotch, rossi, and morgan are outside looking at the open door.

H: that door was open when we got here.

M: yeah?

H: and adam was in the basement. wood was next to him?

M: yeah wood was on the ground and he was holding y/n's shoes.

R: aaron what are you getting at?

H: he would have went through the back door to leave and come back with wood. so why would the door being open-

M: she escaped.

morgan radios to spencer and emily saying to get outside. when they get there morgan tells them about the door.

S: so you think she escaped?

H: that's the only reason why the door would be open already.

E: where is she then?

R: maybe a neighbor saw her running?

S: there aren't people for at least 2 miles. she had to have ran for a while.

H: let's go to the nearest house then and ask if they have seen her.

they all hop in the SUV and drive to the closest house to adams. it was a small light yellow house. seemed old. when they got the the door and knocked an older lady answered the door.

H: ma'am was there by any chance a girl who came to your door today? she would have looked beaten, like she was tortured.

Lady: why yes. poor girl. i pulled her in and called 911. they left with her about an hour ago.

H: thank you so much!

hotch ran back into the SUV and they drove to the hospital, sirens blaring. they needed to get there fast.

spencer's nerves, extremely high. he needed to see you alive. he needed to apologize.

morgan was driving with spencer and could see how nervous he was.

M: kid. she's probably safe. the doctors are probably helping her right now.

S: i know. im just so worried.

morgan paused and read his emotions. it was more than just being worried. everyone in the team was worried, but spencer's emotions were something else.

M: you love her don't you?

spencer turned his head to morgan quick. his eyes wide. he felt relieved that someone finally know how he felt about you.

S: yes. i do.