𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - Dinner and The Movies

Veronica fed Sunny a bit of her food as Sunny gurgled toward her with a smile. "Come on, Sunny. I know you love me but you need to eat." The brunette giggled and Sunny then let Veronica feed her. "Now let's eat quickly, everyone. We don't want to be late for the movies!" Monty said. "I don't think I'll be joining tonight. I thought I'd stay in and read up on poisonous venoms..." Stephano responded. Veronica gulped as her hands began to shake in fear. "Uh-oh." Sunny said as Klaus, Violet and Veronica looked at each other. "Well, Stephano, you must join us. We have to celebrate your arrival!" Monty said with his bright smile. "In all honesty, I prefer long-form television to the movies. It's so much more convenient to consume entertainment from the comfort of your own home." Stephano said back. Veronica bit her lip and took a deep breath.

"Well, I insist you come." Monty said. "I insist upon staying here." Stephano responded.

"Well, I insisted first."

"Well, I insisted...louder!"

Veronica fed Sunny another bit and tried to avoid the situation. "Well...with all due respect, I feel a little uncomfortable leaving my reptiles alone with a relative stranger." Monty chuckled. "Fine. But I would like to make a brief phone call before we leave." Stephano replied. "Of course, the phone is in the parlour." Monty said, gesturing to the door. "Could you please pass the pot stickers?" Violet asked. Monty tried to grab them but Stephano took it and ate all the pot stickers. Veronica nearly actually threw up because of the disgust of it. "They're all gone." Stephano muffled.

Violet took the bowl with a disgusted face. "Not to be rude, but that was disgusting..." Veronica said. "Agreed." Klaus added. "This is no time for flirting..." Violet muttered, causing the two to blush and look at their plates.

~~~~~~~

Veronica grabbed her cyan coat as she joined Klaus in the hallway. "He's obviously up to something." She said. "When he tried to marry Violet was a terrible plan but venom?" Klaus responded. "Terrifying...I'm scared a little..." Veronica whispered. "Don't be scared, I'm here." Klaus smiled, intertwining his hand with her's. Veronica smiled and blushed and turned her head the other way. "Thanks Klaus..." She said and pecked his cheek before walking down the steps.

"I saw that." Violet smirked. "Oh shut up, it's called a friendly peck." Veronica muttered. "Not what I see." Violet responded. Veronica rolled her eyes with a smile and the children follow Monty and Stephano out the house. Veronica took Sunny from Violet and sat down between the elder Baudelaire siblings in the car. "We don't know what you're up to, but we will find out..." Violet said to Olaf. "If anything happens to my sister, Veronica or me, you'll never get your hands on our fortunes." Klaus added. "If I wanted to harm you orphans, your blood would be streaming out this car." Olaf threatened. "No, I am not going to harm a hair on any Bella or Baudelaire head, at least not on purpose. But accidents happen all the time, don't they?" He continued, pointing his knife at the children.

"Yeah, you are one of them..." Veronica muttered as Monty got in the driver's seat. "And that is when I said to him, the frog is the greatest reptile known to man." Stephano said, putting his knife away. "Frogs are amphibians." Klaus corrected. "Stephano, where did you learn herpetology?" Monty questioned. "I don't know anything about mouth sores." Olaf said, trying to avoid the question and turned on the radio. "Oh! I love this song!" He exclaimed as they drove out the driveway.

~~~~~~~

Everyone walked up to the movie theater, Veronica in awe. It had been years since she had ever been and seen a movie theater, thanks to the villain behind her for keeping her cooped up at that grim house. "Dr. Montgomery!" The ticker seller exclaimed with a joyful smile. "Hello old chap, two adults and four minors!" Monty replied. "I'm giving you the Verified Film Discount." The ticket seller said, putting a lot of emphasis on the last three words. Monty took the tickets with a smile and everyone walked into the building. "Doesn't that seem suspicious?" Veronica whispered to Klaus. "What is?" He responded. "When that ticket seller put a lot on those words, 'Verified Film Discount'." The brunette clarified. "It seems like it meant something, those first letters at the beginning at each of those words." She added.