Chapter 11, Good day Love

“Too bad he isn’t British,” I say trying to break the silence.

            Sky chuckled.

            “What’s being British have to do with it?” Ely asked

            “If he was British,” Sky said “Jarred may let him get a word in,”

            “Why?”

            “Uh because their accents are amazing.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

            “Yea, M’s going to marry a British boy!” Sky said with a joking wink.

            “Just because of their voice?”

            “That and she wants someone to say, lue, piss off and bloody hell,” she looks directly at Ely “ And for someone to call her Love,”

            “I never said that!” I objected almost too fast.

            “Yea but you think it!”

            “Oh,” Ely said, with an air of secret to him.

            “I JUST DON’T WANT TO SEE HER GET HURT            !  Just..just don’t hurt her okay? She really likes you,” Jarred said right in Kades face. His eyes flicked at oursin the camper window. He gave us a slight smile and got back in his truck.

            “Bloody Hell!” Ely said in a perfect accent.

            Sky slowly turned her head toward Ely. “Whoa! That sounded real!”

            “Practice!” he practically yelled “I… uh had lots of practice, in a… play. Yea! A play”

            “Practice with what?” Kade asked walking into the camper.

            “Ely’s British accent  could pass as a real one!” I blurted

            Kade and Ely’s eyes met and a flash of terror crossed his face.

            “What?” I asked in a demanding voice.

                                                         ******

            “So you mean to say your actually British?” Sky asked

            “Yes, for the tenth time,”

            Sky looks over at me with a grin. “He’s a keeper!”

            “Skylar, I don’t even have her.” Well dang, that accent makes him even hotter! “But that’s  just it though, I don’t want someone to love me for my voice, I want it to be because of me!”

“Fine! Max promises not to let it count as much,”

                “Promise,” I agree.

****

                “He’s British?!” Cal practically screamed

                “Yeap,” I said still in shock

                “Why didn’t he tell us?!”

                “Because he’s stupid,”

                “Oh Max! Don’t you see?”

                “Only if she has her contacts in!” Sky said with a chuckle.

                “Shut up Sky! This is serious!”

                I walked to the kitchen and got an apple. “Anyone want one?” I offered

                “No! Stop changing the subject.” Calia said with a hint of anger to her excited voice.

                “Fine” I say and sit back on the bed.

                “This is just so perfect!” She said jumping right back into her enthusiasm. CRUNCH goes my apple.

                “He’ll call you Love,” CRUNCH

                “You’ll get married! Have kids!”  CRUNCH CRUNCH

                “I hate kids,”

                “Move to England!” she continued ignoring my comment.

                “That wouldn’t be too bad I guess,”

                “Give him a shot M?”

                “She can’t,” Sky said sticking up for me “ We said that the accent won’t count as major points.”

                “Fine then! I’ll set it up myself,” Cal said annoyed at the two of us

                “OH Hell no! I am sorry Max, but I cannot let her do that. She will mess everything up. I will do it. In an inconspicuous way!”

                I guess it’s better to let Sky take charge. If she didn’t Cal would surely do something with it, and make it really obvious.

****

                Sky has a plan to set us up on a blind date, she is going to tell him that it is one of her and  Xaviers friends from camp last year, and I’m going to pretend that I didn’t know that it was going to be him. Leave it up to Skylar to come up with something like that.

                She told Ely that he would really like the girl, and when he asked if it was one of her friends, he got upset that it “wasn’t me”. Which could be a good thing I guess. He agreed to do it anyways. Man I'm nervouse! C'est okay Max, ne freak pas out!