Chapter 4,Smiling and Bathing Suits

(Skylar’s P.O.V)

    For some reason after getting up way too early, after going to bed way too late my eyes were deceiving me. Because for some odd reason…I thought I saw Max looking at Ely like she was in love with him. My ass! She can’t be in love with him. They only met yesterday! Ooooh! She’s in love with him! I stifled a laugh and began smiling like a maniac. I know, I’m just retarded like that.

    After walking around the campground a couple of times, with me smiling like crazy the whole time Max finally cracked. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned towards me.

    “Okay, why the hell are you smiling like a freakin mad woman!?” She demanded.

    I smiled and laughed a little.

   “Nothing…I’m just really really happy for no apparent reason,” I told her.

   “You? Happy? Ya sure! The day I see you being happy for no apparent reason, will be the day I stop breathing,” She said.

   I frowned.

   “Well you better stop breathing then because I’m happy!” I tell her smiling again.

   By this time Calia and Alex were off in their own little world. Apparently they didn’t hear Max stop and us start talking because they kept walking. Ely and Kade ended up sitting on the ground talking about how they don’t understand girls.

    Shaking my head I turned back to Max.

   “So what are we gonna do today?” I asked her cheerfully.

   She shrugged.

   “I don’t know. We could go swimming!”

    I laughed.

    “Ya and see how many times we can bounce the ball back and forth!” I exclaimed.

     This was something we started doing for fun and for some odd reason it caught on.

   “Okay well now we gotta go back to the camper to get our stuff.”

    “Ya and we have to snap Calia and Alex out of their trance,” I said while motioning to the couple who were now almost all the way down to the front office.

    “Nah, let’s just leave them and wait and see how long it takes for them to notice that we’re not there anymore,” She suggested.

    “Okay,” I said while nodding my head in agreement.

    I turned around.

    “Guys we’re going swimming!” I told them very enthusiastically.

    Kade laughed.

    “I’m not sure if I like the enthusiastic side of you very much.”

     I grinned and then smacked him across the head.

   “There is no need for you to tell me what you do and do not like about me.”

   He smiled at me sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

   “So are guys going to come swimming with us or not?” I asked them a little iterated, even though it was partly my fault.

    They looked at each other and then back at me.

    “Ya sure!” Ely said while Kade nodded.

   Max and I went back to her camper while the boys went to theirs. For some reason I couldn’t find my bathing suit. I could have sworn that I packed it…

   “Max have you seen my bathing suit?” I asked her.

   “No, I haven’t been into your stuff at all, so I don’t know where it could be.”

   “Hmm…that’s weird. I mean I thought I packed it,” I mused.

   “Maybe you didn’t or Jared took it out. You know how protective he is over you and what you wear,” She mumbled.

   “True,” I nodded. “I’ll just call him,” I told her while taking my phone out of my pocket.

   Ring. Ring. Ring.

  He didn’t answer.

   “Great he’s not answering, I have to run home. I’ll be back in like 25 minutes, okay?” I asked Max as I grabbed my running shoes and put them on.

   “Okay we’ll be at the pool,” She said nodding.

   “Okay see you later,” I said as I walked out the door of the camper and began running into the street.