Chapter 7

*Camila's pov*
It was time for the full moon again and this time Dinah and I decided to sneak across the road to the forrest there. Earlier today the police came down from the station and let everybody in the neighborhood know that they'd be roaming around the forrest behind our house for these "rumored" wolves so to play it safe Dinah and I chose to go to the other forrest. When we left we saw Ally and Normani arriving at Lauren's house and instantly felt upset that we couldn't join what I considered as our new friends for a hang out. The moon set and the transform began and as much as I didn't want to howl at the moon and aware the police that there are wolves, I had to. If a werewolf doesn't howl at the moon then there is some rumored curse that occurs and we weren't taking that risk.

Dinah and I traveled up this little river that was similar to the one in the forrest across the road. While wondering around for food we heard the distant calls of men roaming the forrest, thankfully not the one we are in. Dinah spotted a deer not to far away and I nodded for her to take it on while I hid in a bush incase it tried to run and I could stop it. While hiding in the bush I heard an all to familiar giggle in my ears. I began to focus on her voice. She was cracking jokes about some movie that they where going to watch and I couldn't help but feel happy. Her happiness bought me happiness. I was bought back to reality when I heard something run past me and turned to see the damn deer but it was about to run out of the forrest so we had no chance. I heard Dinah growl angrily at me and I growled back much stronger then her and she whimpered out an apology. I felt bad for treating Dinah this way whenever I transformed back but I couldn't help it. I was the leader of our pack and the leader was always aggressive.

Eventually we transformed back and decided to see if the girls where still awake. We snuck out of the forrest and back to our house. We showered so that we didn't smell like wet dog after running through the river in our wolf form, changed into comfy clothes, texted Lauren who was still awake and said to go over and then made our way across the street. We walked out into the chilly night air of Miami, which was a rare occurrence this time of year, and could hear the officers still shouting and searching. We where about to knock on the door when a shout caught our attention.
"I found a print! I found a print!" We heard a man shout. I turned to Dinah who was already looking at me.
"Shit they know that there is actually something around now." I whispered to Dinah. She went to reply when the door swung open.
"Hey why didn't you knock?" Lauren questioned us.
"Oh we where about to but then we heard yelling from over there." I pointed to the forrest. "And it just startled us."
"Oh ok. Come on in. We are hanging out in my room." Lauren said opening the door wider for us and leading us to her room. When we got there we greeted the other girls and began watching movies. Half way through the second movie I noticed Dinah, Normani and Ally all asleep on the mattress place on the floor and that only Lauren and I were awake.
"Wanna go to sleep?" I asked Lauren. She nodded and yawned before lying down. I went to stand up when her hand wrapped around my wrist.
"Can we cuddle? I'm cold and you always seem to feel like 100 degrees." Lauren said in a sleepy voice. I nodded and laid down next to her. She placed her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. I thought she had fallen asleep until I heard her voice again. "Camila?"
"Yeah." I replied tiredly.
"Do you... Do you like anyone?" She asked nervously.
"Honestly yes but I can't have them." I said truthfully.
"Why can't you have them?" She asked lifting her head up to look at me.
"It's complicated. What about you?" I asked her.
"Well actually I kinda really like someone and I wanna kiss them." She said looking down. I lifted her head up with my finger under her chin.
"The next time you see them just go for it. But make sure they're single." I said looking her in the eyes.
"Are you single?" She asked and I didn't quite put it together until I nodded and felt a pair of lips connect with mine. The kiss was slow and passionate. She licked my lower lip and I allowed her entrance to my mouth.I felt it becoming quite heated and pulled away. "I'm sorry I just..." She began to ramble again but I pecked her lips.
"Go one a date with me tomorrow." I more stated then asked. She kissed my lips softly.
"I thought you'd never ask." She said smiling.
"Ok I think we should get some rest. I'll tell you when and what to wear tomorrow." I said and she nodded placing one last kiss on my lips before falling asleep.