Chapter - 17(b)

"My son is indeed a good man!"

"Part - 2"

Continuation...

*********

"Sujan, at what time you will reach home?", Shravas dad was asking his brother over the phone.

"Okay then, we shall wait", saying so, his dad hung up the call.

"He will soon join us within 10 minutes"

"Okay then, we will wait. Let Sheetal and mom start to have something cause it is already late and they must be hungry", Shravas said while setting the table.

"No, we will have all together!", both of them send in unison.

Shravas chuckled out and gave them a thumbs-up of understanding.

Shravas is happy as his mother is all back again, smiling and feeling normal. This is all that he wanted...

-------

After a few minutes, Sujan came and joined others for dinner.

Everyone chit-chatted for a while.

"Vasu, it's very delicious. At least now tell us what's the secret ingredient that you include in this to make it this tasty?" Sujan asked his baby bro, baby because Shravas is 10 years younger than him.

The three siblings of Anand's have a 10-years difference each!

So Sheetal is 20 years younger than Sujan!

"I just added 'Love' to the dish so that it becomes a little tastier than ever" Shravas air quoted the word love and winked at him.

"That's not happening Vasu. You always say that. But I seriously want to know what's the taste-maker you have added?", Sujan whined like a kid, making others laugh with their kid's behavior.

"Bro not happening but when will our bhabhi is coming back?" This question of Shravas made Sujan choke his food and started coughing. Their dad smirked and offered a glass of water to calm his cough!  

"Uh...u... She will be coming by next week I guess. Hey, you didn't tell me your secret ingredient", Sujan wiped his lips and pants that were wet due to the drama of coughing. 

Shravas just shrugged it off not answering to his question. As he doesn't want to know his secret ingredient to anyone. Cause it is his signature taste!

"Also, how is your college life going on? How do you feel now cause you are in your third year?" Sujan asked once gulping the water as in changing the topic to distract him cause even he doesn't have any answers for his question regarding his sister in law.

'i need to find out why is she behaving like that all of a sudden. She has changed since a month and I am hell confused till then it was all good. I wish we are in talking terms' Sujan thought in his mind.

"It's going good and I am feeling happy that I have only one more year to achieve and start my dream", Shravas said to him for which Sujan smiled and nodded.

"What about your love life? Is there anyone interesting?", And now this time Shravas was the one to choke on his food.

All the while their parents were looking happily at their banter as they eat.

"That says something then!", Sujan stressed the matter out, pushing Shravas buttons.

"No, there is no one in my life now. But I wish I have someone soon!", Shravas said dreamily heaving a sigh.

"Aww, baby bro wants to be in love", Sujan teased him, pulling his tongue out.

"Mom, see na... Bro is teasing me. Do something", Shravas whined like a kid, shaking his head as if it is a big deal.

Their parents let out a big laugher and finished off their dinner.

"Okay, guys! I am full. I need to go now, it's time for your mom's medicines. And guys don't you worry. Your mother is all, alright" Their dad said when three of his children nodded their head in understanding and gave him a thumbs-up, and later he left the dining table.

-------

"Ok bro, I am done now and I am taking Sheetal and I will make her sleep. You head on to do your college work. It must be incomplete with you spending all the time in the kitchen since you came back from college. Good night vasu!" Sujan patted his shoulders to which he raised his thumb in assurance.

"Good night vasu bro," Sheetal said in her kiddish voice. Shravas ruffled her hair bidding good night.

One of the stay-in maids cleaned the dining table and put all the plates and other stuff in the dishwasher.

-------
Thinking about the college work, he knew he has got time to do it. So he thought to take a walk on the lawn.
After 30 minutes or so, he returned to the kitchen and fetched some water in his bottle.

As he was going through to his room, he has to pass his elder brother's room. At that time, he heard some faint voices from inside.

It's not right to peep in or eavesdrop others talk but since it's his brother's matter he waited outside and leaned on to the door to hear properly.

'Listen, love, I don't know why you are doing this. Please come back, I can't live without you. Is it okay if I come and meet you there at your place? We will talk and solve all the issues.'

Shravas know his brother wanted his wife badly. He is trying hard to maintain the relationship but it seems she is not at all bothered regarding his feelings.

'I hope everything gets set between - my brother and my sister in law', he thought mentally.

------

It's late 11 o'clock when Shravas came to his room for doing his college work. He was actually tired but he needed to complete it anyhow as he could get to spend his time with family, so he continued to write on the assignments.

Within an hour or so he completed all the works required and he then freshened up and jumped on to his bed.

------

"She must be feeling very tired after what all happened to her. Gosh, if I missed one second of coming to the storage room, I don't know what would have happened with her that day" He paused "She could have raped! I knew it, that sick Bastard was all behind my girl just to get her on his bed. Since she didn't fall on his trap, he used this disgusting means" He continued talking himself looking at the ceiling.

'I am wondering what you will be doing now. You will be at home at the moment? I have her number, should I call her?' he thought for a second.

He got up from the bed and took his phone from the nightstand. He has got another number and he dialed her number but soon cut it.

He thought to send a message as her admirer. Before sending, he soon changed his number settings to private, so that she couldn't find who it was!

'Neither anyone, ha' he smirked mentally.

'yes, that will be great! And it's going to be so much fun' he said it loud in excitement.

*******

Thank you for reading.