Bonus chapter (4)

"Shravas point of view"

Continuation...

*******

I placed my hand over my sister's head and winked at her cause I just now helped her finishing off vegetables which were supposed to have eaten by her.

Just then my mom and dad came from the kitchen after some discussion. They also joined us to have dinner.

"Dad, where are the others I mean bhaiya and bhabhi? I didn't see him since yesterday? Is everything alright?" I asked eating up my pasta one by one using my fork.

"Ha, Vasu. Everything is fine. He has gone to his in-law's house just to spend some time with them. He will be returning tomorrow evening."
I nod in understanding.

"Mom, shall I get a little more pasta to eat please?" I asked sheepishly to which she chuckled at my antics.

"You should eat a lot since it's your holidays now. Because of your exam tensions, you were lean and it's the time to gain back your little fat. By the way, what is your plan for this holiday?" Mom said with a smile while having her food.

I thought for some while and only Lasya came into my mind.

"I don't have any plans yet. But yes, I am going to enjoy myself more being around here eating your brains mom. What say?"

I smirked at her and got a smack on my hand.

"You are not going to change, are you? Anyway, I must tell you there is a wedding in two weeks' time and it's a destination wedding to take place in Goa. So we shall have a trip there." Mom said as a matter of fact while I can see my baby sister is already up for the trip as she excitedly claps her hand.

I smiled at her.

"Dad mom, yes we shall go to Goa for a few days. My baby girl will be happy." I caressed her head and looked at her lovingly. She smiles at me and that's enough for me to have a heart melt at the moment. I placed a forehead kiss and got up to call it a night.

"Mom, whose wedding we're you talking about?" I asked skeptically as I didn't have any idea about it.

"It's your cousin's wedding son. Harish is his name." My dad replied to me nonchalantly.

My mouth we're left open in 'oh' shape as I didn't have any clue about this and especially his wedding. I know he is in love with a girl but didn't know it will be happening so fast. I am happy for him. Harish is my cousin from my maternal side and he is a genuine well caring gentleman. He is lucky to have Tina as his other half. She is also a fierce and smart girl.

I nodded my head in understanding towards my dad. I quickly finished my dinner and got up. I took my plate and went ahead to the kitchen to place the plate in the sink. Yes, I take my plate to the sink and sometimes even I do wash it.

My mom has said when I was a kid, we shouldn't keep the plate for others to wash it. It's not good. Even if we are rich, it should be how it has to be.

I feel happy when mom compels me to be normal rather than appreciating to get spoil!

"Okay, dad and mom. I am heading to sleep. Good night. And good night to you too sweetie." I said to them and headed to my room.

"Nighty night bro" Sheetal, my baby girl said to me back while getting up from the chair after the dinner.

-------

As I reached my room, I changed into my PJs and locked the door. I went to sit on my study table and took out the file Melvin gave me. I looked at the photo of my girl. She is simple yet different.