Chapter ~ Sixteen

💕💕💕💕

Today is Friday and I plan on telling dad that I want to start staying in school hostel although I talk to aunt saudah she discouraged me telling me he will not agree but after talking to Abul he tell me that despite his dad lives in Abuja but in his University time he stays in the hostel and he sees no harm in me staying there so with his assistance and my friends I felt like the only place I belong to now is the school hostel so I can't wait to talk to dad about it although am nervous about it but it won't hurt to try right? Sorry it will hurt like hell.

I met aunt saudah with her friends as usual plotting about their husbands then I heard aunt Saudah's voice telling them that dad has been bothering her to move out of this estate but she still refuses.

Then aunt Laila tell her she doesn't see any reason why daddy want us to move.

Well he said the house is bigger than this one and some lame excuses but I told him am thinking about it as this house holds lot of memories.

They all laugh before aunt Saima start talking about her husband sending her kids to boarding school blah blah.

I went back to my room and lie down on my bed knowing full well if there's any reason why aunt saudah won't want to leave this estate is because of her friends and the reason why dad want us to move out is because of her friends too how cliché that is.

Honestly I don't have problem with moving out is not like I will not make friends where we will be moving to.

I can't remember how many years since that dad has been bothering aunt saudah to allow us to move to another area but she always has different excuse to tell him and him been her husband she knows different ways of making him forget things that are even important than this, I can't even tell you the amount of effect aunt saudah has on dad, when she said she doesn't like something he will eventually give up even if that's not what he wanted but above all they both love each other and that's what is important.

My phone start ringing I check to see my mom calling.

Ma!.

Sarahtu how are you doing comes my mother's voice?

Am good Ma, how are you and my siblings?

All fine so did you talk to your father about moving out to the hostel.

No actually am talking to him this night.

Look Sarah if you talk to him and he didn't agree I want you to forget about it and move on with your life, is not like you are not studying well at home for the past four years, Sarah all you do this days is give me headache just don't force things OK?

I sigh tiredly and nodded like she's in front of me before answering her yes Ma if he didn't agree then so be it.

Ok take care and my regard to all.

Thank you.

Yes I forget to tell you that my mom and Nihad are not in support of me moving to the hostel, in this situation what do you do when the people close to you don't even trust you.
Nihad thinks that am only doing this because of my selfish reason.

¢¢¢¢

I knock on dad room.

Come in comes aunt saudah' s voice.

I said my salam and enter, dad is sited on the chairs in the room while aunt saudah is sitting on the chair next to the dressing mirror in her pink night gown while I was wearing something similar to hers just that mine is red, short, silk with hijab on doing her night routine.