↠ 5

"If I want to rule a kingdom I will

"If I want to rule a kingdom I will."

"Miss Salone," someone cleared their throat upon entering my hotel room

"Miss Salone," someone cleared their throat upon entering my hotel room. I was finally able to get up and walking after practicing yesterday. The doctors left me on pills but I was happy to leave. The funny thing was I had no idea where but I guess I'll be moving into the packhouse. Skinny jeans and a sweater were gifted to me from the packhouse stash and thankfully, it covered me and fit me well without hurting my scars.

What shocked me was that Beta Brandon was standing in the middle of the room. "Beta Brandon, how can I help you?" I blurted out formally. For some reason, I was growing nervous.

Damn it, I hate the new me.

I've suddenly become insecure, can barely talk, always being scared that my father is going to pop up and kill me, watching over my shoulder, second doubting everything.

"King William has requested to see you at the Alpha's house and I'm here to escort you," he revealed. I relaxed slightly. My mate. King William is my mate.

My life seemed to be getting only worse.

I've never been to the Alpha's house before. Not many people have. Actually, a lot of people haven't. This is going to be scary. "Well, I guess we can't keep the king waiting," I sighed and began moving my feet. Brandon walked behind me on the journey out of the hospital and into his car that was waiting for us outside.

No words were exchanged as we drove to the house with me in the back seat nervous and Brandon driving in front. When we arrived I got confused since Brandon didn't come out of the car. "You aren't coming in?" I asked. Brandon shook his head," he requested you alone. Hope it goes well and hope you feel better," he kindly added.

I smiled in reply before walking to the big brown doors. You can do this, he's your mate, I reminded myself before getting enough courage to open the door.

How am I even going to find him?

"Follow his scent," Alaska told me. I mentally face palmed myself at the obvious answer. Focusing on his scent and following it wasn't hard since it was the most mouth-watering scent ever.