↠11

"Why don't you shut the hell up?"

The beeping was familiar.

It was hard to tell from what due to how loud it got and not to mention how constant the irritating sound was. Thankfully, the same sound pushed me out of the darkness, and my eyes dramatically opened.

My eyes adjusted to the bright room and the bright paint wasn't helping either. The first thing I relaxed on was the figure sitting on the edge of his chair with his elbows on his knees, and his head in his hands. However, his head jolted towards me when the machine made more noise. His lips parted, His eyes lighting up and he pushed off the chair before they shifted into those of anger.

I frowned in confusion when I realized he was ready to shout at me. Here we go again. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" William bluntly asked. My eyebrows furrowed and I chose to ignore him since I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Why the hell was I at a hospital?
At that thought, all the memories from the last time I was conscious hit me like I tidal wave.

I grabbed the sides of the bed, my head suddenly hurting. "Alaska?" I called for her desperately. "Let me sleep," she mumbled, circling to get comfortable in the back of my mind. I exhaled, happy that things were okay.

I was safe, seemed fine and Alaska was responsive. This is great.

"Answer me, Everest," William snapped and our eyes met again. "A lot of things are wrong with me so you're going to have to be a little bit more specific," I snapped back at him, not appreciating the way he was speaking to me.

He rolled his eyes and continued to pace the length of the hospital room. "None of this makes any sense!" William groaned. "You're going to have to elaborate if you're going to shout at me because I have no idea why you're shouting at me," I flatly told him. Not shouting at me at all seemed pretty good too but knowing William, that was impossible.

"You and that fucking Bradey got knocked out by the same substance. If someone hadn't found you both...I," William paused, his eyes softening at mine. He looked away angrily again," I bet Bradey did it! I told that runt to leave you alone, can't take a hint," William spat angrily, his face red and brows arching down in anger as walked.