Chapter 2

Betty POV:

Fangs and Sweet Pea sat beside me at the bar.

"So, what did the boss want?" Fangs asked.

"Just something about being nice to some new Toledo serpents moving here," I waved my hand dismissively.

"As if," Sweet Pea chuckles under his breath.

I punched his arm and everyone laughed.

"Think you're better than me?" I challenged, half joking.

"All right then Butterfly. Target Practice. Your favourite," Sweet Pea said.

I raised my eyebrows and laughed along with Fangs and Toni.

"You think- you-" I couldn't stop laughing, there were tears in my eyes. I took a breath and calmed down a little.

"You think you can beat me at target practice?" I said, wiping away tears of laughter.

"What?" Sweet Pea asked, looking at Fangs who was still laughing.

"Look, if you think you have any chance at beating butterfly at target practice, you're delusional. You've known her for so many years and you still think you can beat her?" Toni said, raising an eyebrow.

"Fine, but don't come crying to me when you lose," I said nonchalantly, standing up and walking outside to the woods where there were a few wooden targets on trees.

"Well, ladies first," I said to Sweet Pea, who gave me a sarcastic 'ha ha' look and took his switchblade out of his pocket. It had a polished black hilt and a silver trim.

I gestured to him to go and he threw it, landing 5cm away from bullseye. He looked impressed with himself.

"Oh how sorry I am to burst your bubble," I said playing with my knife between my fingers,"but that just won't do."

I turned away from the 3 metre target Sweet Pea had throw his knife at threw the knife toward another target 10 metres away, watching it pierce the bullseye perfectly.

I did a little curtsy as Sweet Pea walked over to my knife in disbelief.

"Wha- how?" He asked.

Fangs and Toni roared with laughter behind me.

"After- after all these years he still thinks-" but Toni couldn't finish her sentence, she was on the ground crying with laughter.

"Well it's just because of your fancy knife," Sweet Pea said, pulling it out of the target.

I raised an eyebrow. No one touched my knife, but this time I think I could make an exception it involved free entertainment.

"Look," he said, playing with it in between his fingers, "I'm Betty, and I- OW!" He'd cut his hand with the knife while messing around with it.

Toni and Fangs were shrieking.

It wasn't a deep cut, it had just grazed his palm.

"Sweet Pea, just give me the knife before you do any real damage," I said.

"No, I can do it! Just watch!"

So I watched.

I watched him throw the knife toward the target and it hit the side of the knife and fell to the ground beside the tree.

He look at it in dismay, while Fangs and Toni were screeching like hyenas, faces red, crying so hard.

"Com- come on man let's go," Fangs said, wiping away tears and leading Sweet Pea back into the bar.

"You show 'em girl," Toni said, giving me a fist bump as I picked up my knife and slipped it into my pocket, walking with Toni back into the bar, when two motorcycles and a car showed up with jackets that read 'Toledo Serpents'.