Chapter 13

Jughead POV:

"You mangy bulldogs are going down! This is the last time you cross the serpents!" I heard Sweet Pea yell.

I ran outside Pop's and into the parking lot.

"Sweets? Fangs? What's going on?" Betty asked.

"These no-good big-headed bulldogs think they can cross us and get away with it. They slashed Fangs' tires!" Sweet Pea said.

Betty turned on the bulldogs.

"What'd you do that for?" She asked them, trying her best to remain calm.

"Don't talk to us you little serpent slut," they replied, jeering at her.

My breath hitched, and the whole lot went silent. I was angry, that was for sure, but this wasn't my fight. Plus, Betty was gonna enjoy this.

I could see her face reddening, steam practically coming out of her ears.

Then she smiled, an ominous, dark smile.

She leaped at the bulldogs and started taking them out, one by one. Roundhouse kick, uppercut, right hook, the lot.

They fell like dominoes and not sixty seconds passed before all 7 of the burly, letterman-clad boys were on the ground, groaning and clutching various parts of their body.

Betty walked back to me, kissed my cheek and took my hand as we walked back into Pop's to grab our food. I think we'd get it as take away.

After we received 2 gloriously greasy paper bags bearing the insignia 'Pop's', we went to the treehouse and ate there, cuddled up and watching a movie.

Betty was snuggled into my chest and I had an arm around her. The kissing booth played in the background.

"It's raining, come on," Noah said. Elle followed him into a small pagoda in a park. They stared into each other's eyes and kissed.

I looked down at Betty. She was so beautiful. She looked up at me and I could swear I froze but melted at the same time.

She leaned in and so did I.

As our lips connected, there was spark.
I wrapped my arms around her waist and she turned and adjusted her body so she was straddling me, our lips moving in perfect rhythm.

It was harmoniously incredible.