Chapter 7

Jughead POV:

"Yeah, my twin brothers coming up to Riverdale soon. He stayed in Toledo for a little longer before driving up.

Suddenly they descended on me like vultures.

"Who's older?"

"Are you identical twins?"

"Who's better looking?"

"Who's nicer?"

"Whoa whoa, calm down, I'll answer your questions," I sighed.

"I'm older by 12 minutes, no we are not identical, and obviously I'm nicer and better looking," I joked.

"Why didn't you tell us Juggie," Betty said.

I grinned at the nickname. It sounded so right coming from her mouth.

"I thought you knew," I replied, looking her in the eyes. Everyone was silent, observing Betty and I, locked in eye contact, for at least 10 seconds until she blushed and looked away.

"Well, let's go up to the treehouse, snuggle up and watch a movie," Toni said.

We climbed up the treehouse, which was bigger than you would think, and Toni pulled an old laptop out from under a floorboard.

"Clever," I said.

"Don't look at me, it was all Betty's idea," Toni said, modestly pointing at Betty.

We sat down and started watching Knives Out. Toni snuggles up with Fangs and Sweet Pea, Betty next to them and I was on the end of the sofa, next to her.

We were about 40 minutes in when Betty yawned and rested her head on my chest. I smiled.

I started stroking her hair and after a minute or so she looked up at me, and we locked eyes again.

We sat there, frozen like that until I started leaning in.

Betty Suddenly jumped up.

"You know what guys," she said, hastily pulling on her Doc Martens, "I bet my dad's expecting me back, and it's late."

"Betty-" I started.

"Bye!" She quipped, before shutting the door and climbing down the ladder.

I wanted to chase after her but Toni gave me a look.

The speed that Betty had left was riotous, and I sat there thinking for the rest of the night. Was it something I did?