Chapter 12

Jughead POV:

We arrived at Pops and I got off the bike. Betty got off and took her helmet off, shaking her head, her hair whipping around in the wind. She looked so good.

She caught me staring and walked over to me. She put her lips to my ear.

"Hey handsome, fancy meeting you here," she whispered seductively, and giggled.

"Betts, what a coincidence," I smiled back.

She whipped her hair around and put on a face, "Coincidence? I think NOT!" Before erupting into adorable giggles.

I laughed with her, she was quoting a teacher from the movie The Incredibles.

I slipped my hand in hers and we walked into Pops.

As soon as I walked in, I saw Ethel Muggs smiling at me a little too hard.

She wouldn't stop staring.

She started walking over.

She took her pen out of her pocket to take our order.

We hadn't even sat down yet.

I made a point of pulling Betty onto my lap when I sat down and kissed her cheek, wrapping my arms around her, her back facing me.

"Hey Ethel, got a problem there?" Betty said, seeing Ethel's annoyed face.

Her face just got more red.

"Oh Jughead, look, I think Pop's missing a tomato in the kitchen!" Betty said sardonically, gesturing towards Ethel. I laughed.

"Breathe...?" I suggested to Ethel, rolling my eyes.

She just glared and walked away.

"Hey! I want my burgers!" I shouted.

Betty laughed that angelic laugh and kissed my cheek.

I walked up to the counter at Pop's and ordered pancakes for Betty, and a burger, onion rings and fries for me. I wasn't really that hungry.

Pop nodded curtly and I went back to the table and sat next to Betty now, instead of opposite her.

She pecked my lips and snuggled into my shoulder, as I kissed her forehead.

Suddenly, we heard a crash outside in the parking lot.

"You Bulldogs are gonna regret that!" I heard a guy shout. His voice was familiar.

As if speaking my thoughts, Betty said, "Sweet Pea?"