Chapter 9

Betty POV:

"Hey there butterfly," Fangs said as I passed him outside the Wyrm as I was getting off my bike. I had left Jughead soon after our awkward would-be conversation  at Pop's.

"Hey Fangs," I replied wearily.

"What's up?" He asked, sensing my tone.

"Nothing, it's just-"

"Jones huh," he said, reading my mind.

I sighed.

"He doesn't know about your breakup does he," Fangs asked.

I shook my head.

"Here, sit," he said, sitting down on a nearby bench and patting the seat next to him.

Fangs had always been the most compassionate of the four, and I admired it greatly.

"What do you want to do about it? He clearly likes you," Fangs spoke softly and with ease.

"I know, but I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it yet," I said.

The only people who knew the details were Fangs, Toni and Sweet Pea, because they were there.

Everyone else, including my dad, only knew that Jordan broke up with me and disappeared soon after, but all the details were spared.

"Well..." Fangs said, biting his lip in thought, "Do you like him?"

I took a moment to think about it, but I already knew my answer.

I liked him too, but I wished I didn't.

I finally looked up at him and nodded.

"Maybe you should try telling him as much as you feel comfortable saying, he'll understand. But if you do like him, don't keep pushing him away, because he'll eventually stop trying," Fangs said, looking at me earnestly.

I nodded, soaking it all in.

Suddenly I started grinning.

"Fangs, where do you get all this from?" I laughed.

"I don't know," he replied, laughing too.

I hugged him and we walked into the Wyrm. I needed to talk to Toni.

•••

Jughead POV:

I pushed and I shouldn't have. She probably doesn't even like me anyway. Hell, she's probably dating Sweet Pea, who am I to butt in.

Why are you so stupid, Jones?

I paid and went to my bike outside. I couldn't face Betty, it would be too awkward.

The best thing to do now was to go home and start unpacking.

•••

Eight hours of unpacking my room.

Imagine dragons was playing on Spotify and I was in the middle of doing that thing where I was 'unpacking' but really taking something out and spending the next two hours remembering how I made in in the 2nd Grade.

I had painted the room Black earlier and the paint had dried, so I was hanging up posters and putting in duvets and bedsheets and all that stuff.

I had one or two posters from imagine dragons, a red and black plaid duvet cover and a white desk in the corner, already cluttered with books and pens.

There was an extensive bookshelf and a few other shelves for other stuff, as well as a wardrobe in the other corner, opposite my bed.

I was in the middle of putting my clothes in my new wardrobe, when I heard the doorbell ring.