《Chapter 9》 'Movie Night....'

Authors note: I decided to rewrite this chapter because I didn't like how Zander was faking it. So most of it is different for before.
_________________________________________

*3rd person Pov*

Jake led Zander to his bedroom. "Here lay down, I'll get you one of those things that check your temperature." Jake said proudly as he put his hands on his hips.

As Jake left the room, Zander was having a mental battle with himself, rather if he loved how Jake was taking care of him, or hated it.

Meanwhile Jake was searching the kitchen for any type of human thermometer in sight. He sighed and put his fingers on the tip of his nose.

"It's above the stove..." Hailey said as Jake removed his hand from his face and looked at her. "But how! I already looked there!?" He explained. "Well you obviously didn't look hard enough." She said with a shrug.

Jake rechecked the cabinet, and moved an empty box of cough drops out of the way, and luckily for him there was a thermometer, and a left over tea bag from an somewhat old box.

Jake half smiled, half frowned. Smiled because he found what he was looking for. But frowned because Hailey had to be the one to tell him where it was.

He grabbed both, and placed them on the kitchen counter. He then grabbed an clean mug from a different cabinet.

'How do you make tea again??' Jake asked himself trying to remember. 'Oh right! I need to boil the cold water!' Jake grabbed a pan, and poured cold sink water, into it. He then put it on the stove to boil.

Once the water was boiled, he added the tea bag, and mixed it around in the water, for extra flavor. Once the tea was done he picked up the mug as well as the thermometer, and headed of to Zanders room.

When he entered the room Zander was laying on his bed. "I made tea, as well." Jake said in a soft tone. He put it on his dresser and shoved the thermometer into Zanders mouth. "I'm telling you Jake I'm not sick.." Zander huffed out.

"The thermometer will be the judge of that." Jake replied smugly. Zander only rolled his eyes and waited for the thermometer to beep. Once it did he took it out of his mouth and handed it to Jake.

Jake's eyebrows were narrowed his he read the results. '98.7....that's normal.... then why did he get so red??' Jake asked himself. Jake sighed in defeat, "You were right Zander..." he muttered out. Zander smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you?" Jake groaned. "I said, you were right..." Zander only chuckled. "How much off you pride did you have to swallow to say that?" Zander asked him.

Jake just narrowed eyes, and glared at Zander. "Well if your not sick why did you get so red?" Jake asked in utter confusion.

Zander stopped chuckling, and his smirk fell.. "I-I don't know, maybe I was just hot!" He yelled out a random excuse. Jake desided to leave the topic alone for now, much to Zanders relief.

Jake looked over to Zanders TV, and saw a bunch off Marvel movies. He smiled and looked back towards Zander. "You like Marvel!?" Zanders eyes narrowed a little.

"So what if I do?" He asked expecting some kind of insult. "It matters because....." Jake paused for dramatic effect. "We can have a Marvel movie night!!" Jake yelled with excitement.

Zander to say the least looked.... baffled. He was not expecting Jake to like Marvel as well. Let alone have a moive night with him.

"Y-you you want to have a movie night?" Zander asked making sure he wasn't hear things. Jake only nodded eagerly. "Yes it would be so cool!" He cheered.

"Does Hailey like Marvel? If she does she could always join us." Zander frowned, he didn't want Hailey to join. So instead of telling him the truth he lied. "No... Hailey doesn't like Marvel movies..."

Jake's smile dimmed slightly. But immediately shot back up into a charming smile. "Do you have popcorn?" Zander nodded, and got up to go make some.

Zander started walking towards the door. "You can pick the movie while I make the popcorn." He said as he started to walk down the hallway.

Jake smirked, and looked through Zanders collection of movies. He had Spider-man, Ironman, Guardian of the Galaxy, Endgame, Captain America, and so many others. But desided to go with Spider-man Homecoming, considering he haven't watched it yet.

By the time Jake put in the moive and it started to play, Zander came back with two bags of salty, and buttery popcorn. "What movie did you pick?" He asked as he sat up against his bed next to Jake.

"Spider-man Homecoming... I haven't see it yet!" Jake cheered. Jake then looked over to Zander and gave him a small, but genuine smile. "You know Zander....your not half bad..."
________________________________________

Zander, and Jake had sat though about three movies now, and they were  halfway through there fourth one. They both finished there bags of popcorn two movies ago, and were starting to get tired.

Jake was fighting to keep his eyes open. But he eventually lost, and his head fell on Zanders shoulder. Zander confused to why he felt something on his shoulder, looked over to his left. Only to find Jake, alseep, on his shoulder.

Zanders whole face became as red as a tomato. And became ever redder when Jake let out a cute yawn in his sleep.

Only then did he realize how tired he actually was. And desided to rest his head against Jake's. Slowly falling asleep, not long after.