A BRIEF HISTORY

CHAPTER TWO. 

"How did you do that?"

She jumps when she hears a voice behind her creep out of nowhere and when she turns around on her seat, clutching her poor heart, she sees a Slytherin boy peering closely down at her chalice.

"Mine still moves, look." He sets his own chalice down on her desk but there's something wrong with it. There's a tail protruding at one side and whiskers on the other, when he pokes it with his wand, it even squeaks. Compared to her perfectly transfigured chalice, his was a disaster. "Still more mouse than chalice if you ask me."

Jisoo scrunches up her nose and glances at him. "Well, here's how I did it."

The boy thanks her all throughout class for her help and when Transfiguration finally ends, Jisoo is in the middle of packing up her stuff when there's a tap on her shoulder.

It's him again, the Slytherin boy with the toothy grin and squinting eyes. "Hey, I'm Taehyung, by the way." If it were possible for his toothy grin to turn even toothier than before then it did just that. She can see how his grin is shaped like a rectangular box and she finds it unique.

Jisoo raises an eyebrow but takes his hand. The other hand was hidden behind his back but she was too distracted by his grin to notice and with the way his fingers twitched against her own when they shook hands. "I'm Jisoo." she said tentatively.

"Here," he thrusts a chocolate frog towards her, it's slightly large and darker than the ones she buys from the trolley or from Hogsmeade but it makes her smile nonetheless.

"Oh, umm you didn't have to." She's unsure of what to say or how to react so she takes it from him and gives off a more timid smile as she notices the way he's looking at her with expectant eyes. "So, umm, I'll guess I –"

A dozen things happen at once. The boy – Taehyung – runs right past her just as the frog croaks in her hands and she's about to drop it because its vocal sacs are expanding too much, inflating like a balloon and it's not releasing the croak and she panics. Some of the kids that have lingered are now moving back as Taehyung yells at them, "It's going to blow!"

Before she drops it, the frog explodes in her hands and chocolate bits fly to her hair, her face, her robes, the desks, the chairs, the walls, basically everywhere. She lets out a loud scream that drowns out the devilish laughter of a certain Slytherin boy running down the hallways already.

That was the first and definitely not the last time she fell victim to Kim Taehyung's pranks.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

There was a time in their second year that Taehyung bumped into her while she was walking back to the Great Hall for lunch and he asked if she could help him with a prank on his friend, Jimin. He was standing outside an empty classroom with a large ball of yarn in his hands and a jubilant sort of expression on his face.