THE FIRST BEGINNING

CHAPTER FOUR. 

The scarlet steam train snaked through the rolling valleys and past the mountainous scenery of the countryside that Jisoo watched with mild fascination from the window of the carriage she currently shared with Bona, who was sleeping on the bench opposite to hers after explaining that she didn't get much sleep last night because it was her cousin's birthday party so Jisoo left her alone when she dozed off just a few minutes after the train began its journey back to Hogwarts.

She had just returned from her very first prefect meeting with the other prefects plus the Head Boy and Head Girl for this year. It had been quite... interesting. Well, for the first part it was just them doing introductions and talking about the basics, laying out the core principles and duties of a good and functional prefect. But then it had taken an unexpected turn midway the discussion when Park Jinyoung and Im Jaebum's heated argument turned into a full on scuffle and Bae Joohyun was panicking, frantically telling Jisoo and the other prefects to look for Im Nayeon to help calm down his own brother.

"That was something," Nakamoto Yuta, the other Ravenclaw prefect chosen alongside her to represent their year, said while he closed the carriage door behind his back. He looked down at Jisoo and a sort of awkward moment had passed between them while they stood in the hallway of the moving train. They've never really been close nor where they on regular speaking terms, Jisoo liked to keep to herself and to her books while Yuta was the famous star-studded chaser for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. Two entirely different worlds.

Jisoo had looked up at him then and wondered why neither of them was making a move to leave. "I'll see you around?" It came out like a question.

But Yuta had smiled and something in it had warmed her. "Yeah, I'm looking forward to working with you." Then Yuta, who's probably a foot taller than Jisoo, had patted her on the head before walking away in the other direction.

Jisoo realizes she's frowning when her eyes focus on her reflection against the glass window. She shakes her head and glances at Bona, still sleeping. Jisoo likes sticking with Bona by the hip because they're one of the few muggle-borns in their year and because Bona had always been so kind and approachable during their first year and Jisoo kind of just tagged along. It's nice having someone to relate to, someone who she can trust and someone who understands what it's like to be thrusted into a whole new world that she never fathomed had existed before the Hogwarts letter had came.

Speaking of Hogwarts, there's not a long way left to go before they reach the castle and Jisoo already has her robes on. She steps out of the carriage to go to the loo but when she does, she finds that her path is blocked by a very broad back.

Jisoo clears her throat. When the person turns around, a groan immediately escapes from her lips because of course it's him.

"Hello there, love," Kim Taehyung looks back at her, grinning. There's a prominent dimple on the lower left corner of his mouth and his boxy grin is more cheeky than troublesome, more disarming than ever.

Jisoo smiles back but in a sarcastic manner, a hand on her hip and her other hand motioning to the tight hallway space that he was blocking. "Let me through, please." She tells him.