THE WHOLE VIEW

CHAPTER EIGHT.

Jisoo never knew much about romantic love or the kind of love that's different from the ones you feel towards your family or friends. She was always busy with other things to even spare it a second thought. She was also so engrossed with herself to even socialize with others, and she had this dilemma that's been going on for a few years now, ever since she started in Hogwarts actually.

At a young age, she had always been pampered by her parents as she was the only child but she was bad at making friends during middle school which she didn't know why that was until the Hogwarts letter came. She was different in the most literary and figurative sense. She was not a full muggle, she was also not a full witch (or at least, she didn't consider herself one because she never even knew about the wizarding world until she turned eleven), she was neither black or white but she was the gray area in between.

Different.

She's always felt so insecure whenever she's at Hogwarts, surrounded by prominent pureblood families like Taehyung or balanced mixtures of half-bloods like the rest of her classmates. Jisoo and Bona didn't know how to categorize themselves at first, the former just thought of herself as a muggle with magic in her blood. Ancient magic that had run deep in their family but got lost because it was muddled with muggle blood, as explained in the books one time. She also felt like some of the older books in the library were very explicit with their words, not bothering to cover up that muggle-borns like Jisoo have blood that's been "polluted".

Jisoo always felt like she didn't belong anywhere, not in the muggle world, not even in the wizarding world. Who would want someone lik her? This questions rang inside her head so many times that it's why she worked extra hard, why she lived up to her name under Ravenclaw House, why she's always studying and practicing spells more than the others because she doesn't want to fall behind. She wants them to know that she's just as witty, just as competent and just as brilliant as the rest of them. It's why she bends her backs over books, pouring all of her energy into studying and striving for things like being a prefect or even the Head Girl so that they would see her skills are in par with theirs.

She hides her weakness and flaws to showcase the underlying bundle of talents she has. And it's worked so far, nobody seems to question her or undermine her abilities despite being muggle born. It also garnered some attraction towards her, some tolerable and others... well, others are attraction in the form of what Taehyung allegedly feels for her.

"But I've already confirmed it, verbal and physical confirmation. I like you." Taehyung is so bold when it's just the two of them, alone in the small space of a carriage pulling them towards Hogsmeade. Jisoo couldn't bring herself to stand him up, not when Bona was breathing down her neck all morning so that she wouldn't leave her sight and possibly escape (Jisoo had no plans of even escaping, how could she when Bona wouldn't even leave her alone). "Nothing you say or do will change that."

"But... why," the words finally escape her lips and hangs in the air above their heads. There's a sort of awkward tension that only Jisoo feels, because it seems like Taehyung is not bothered at all. He's bundled up in casual clothes like Jisoo but there's a scarf around his neck because he told her he gets cold easily sometimes even though it's spring. He's smiling at her despite her hesitance, despite her lack of knowledge about the fact that he likes her, in every sense of the word.

Taehyung smiles with his mouth closed. His cheeks puff up, big and chubby despite the angular features of his face. "Why do you want to know?"

"It's really just so sudden. All I ever do is glare at you or roll my eyes or sometimes I even put you in detention." Jisoo points out. When she says it like that, it makes it seem they really didn't have much interaction aside from their short bickers and little arguments that are always so one-sided because she's the only one that's either annoyed or angry or both.