Prologue

Prologue

"Your two friends have been kidnapped."

Ben stopped in his tracks, dropping the platter of baked beans he had been holding. It crashed to the floor, sending a wave of cascading goods splattering to the table to his right.

"What?" he said, looking at his phone once again. He tried to ignore the stain of beans on his pants.

The message was from an anonymous number, and it was eery in a way because he didn't know who it was from. 

What made it more creepy was the message. It said that apparently two of his beloved friends had been kidnapped, which was probably highly likely since he was a spy. 

He read it over and over again, making sure he wasn't hallucinating. He wasn't.

Suddenly, a little bubble appeared with flashing dots. This meant the person on the other end was once again typing up another message, probably something even worse. He didn't want to look at it when it was done, but he couldn't help himself but take a peek.

After a suspenseful 5 seconds, the message came through with a tiny ringtone. 

His eyes scanned it as the realization dawned on him.

"Erica and Zoe are under our hold. Pay our ransom, or they will die."

Quick note: yall shippers are scary, so don't murder me in my sleep if I don't make the ship you want happen

thanks for the cooperation UwU