Midnight Interlude

"What's on TV?" Clementine asked as Violet stared blankly into the flat screen hanging on the wall.

"Nothin'. Just the eleven o'clock news."

Violet was relaxed on the leather sofa feeling drowsy. Clementine had just changed into a short pink nightie and sat down to join her, resting her head on her shoulder.  The next commercial was for a car dealership and it reminded Clementine of something from long ago.

"Remember when I used to call you Mr. Goodwrench?" Clementine asked as she turned to face Violet.

"Yeah,  of course.  I acted like I was annoyed but deep down I knew it was really your pet name for me," Violet grinned.

Clementine continued,  "I used to think about that toolbox you kept under your bed and secretly wish you'd kept something in there besides wrenches and hammers...you know...stuff you could use on me," she winked playfully.

Violet raised her eyebrows and continued to grin. "Is that so? I remember when you told Mrs. G it wasn't easy sleeping next to Mr. Goodwrench."

"I sure did," Clementine laughed and snuggled closer.

"How do you feel about sleeping next to Mr. Goodwrench these days?" Violet slid her hand down Clementine's smooth bare thigh.

"Oh it's okay," Clementine winked again.

Violet laughed.  "Hey! Just okay?  I guess we need to work on that then, don't we?" She gave her wife a seductive look causing a tingle that shot straight to her groin. "Here's a little preview," the tomboy said, cupping Clementine's face in her hands and kissing her gently.

"Mmmm... I can't wait," Clementine responded. "Let's go upstairs."

Violet carried her partner across the candlelit bedroom and gently lay her on their king size bed.  She leaned over her, and short blonde hair hung down to tickle Clementine's face.  Clementine reached up and held it behind her head to get a clear look at her lover's eyes that were filled with passion and unconditional love.

"You have no idea how lovely you are. Do you?" Clementine asked softly.

Violet smiled bashfully. "I never thought about it."

"Well you really are, Violet. After all this time,  my heart still speeds up when you walk in the room.  Do you have any idea what you do to me?"

Their faces were close together with their lips barely touching.  Clementine could tell by the way Violet was breathing that she was very aroused.

"Chances are it's the same thing you're doin' to me," Violet answered,  her voice low and sultry.

Their lips came together and Clementine closed her eyes to concentrate on the pure sensation of it. It was a tender kiss, barely a brush.  Violet could feel her soulmate's breath against her face and it turned her on just as much as if she'd touched her. Their lips joined again,  this time a little firmer.  The tomboy's heart was pounding so hard she was sure Clementine could feel it.

"I love you," Clementine whispered.

"I love you too Clem."

Their kisses became more intense but still unhurried.  Clementine's tongue moved along Violet's bottom lip, taunting and teasing. She nibbled down Violet's chin and onto her neck, then licked along her collarbone and back up to her waiting lips.  Violet opened her mouth, inviting Clementine's tongue inside. Their tongues engaged in a duel of desire in one another's mouths.  Clementine sank down into the pillows and pulled Violet on top of her, wrapping her arms and legs around her tightly.  Her nipples hardened as she heard her wife moaning softly. Clementine's hand slowly traveled up Violet's T-shirt to cup her breast, giving the nipple the lightest touch and it rose in response.  Violet quickly removed her shirt, tossing it across the room. Hands moved up her back and she moaned into Clementine's mouth when she felt her fingernails lightly dragging along her pale skin.