Capture

Yawning and opening the door, Clementine felt relief escape from her shoulders as she closed the door behind her. Slipping off her shoes, which were hurting her heels, she breathed in the fresh air, or, as fresh as you could have in an apartment. Placing her worn jacket on a chair, she was just happy that she could now relax, in the privacy of her own home, with her favorite girl. Stretching out limbs, and placing her book bag down, she rested comfortably on their couch in the living room. She could hear the familiar sounds of her girlfriend who was shuffling with something, and she grinned towards where the kitchen's opening was.

"Need any help?" She called out and moved to lay on the couch, head lolling onto the arm.

"Nah, just forgot we put the wine glasses way too fucking high," Violet's voice answering, turning towards Clem and she grinned. "Why did we even do that?"

"My dad insisted on it," She simply responded, and curled her toes. "We can always move them, it's not like he lives here."

"You agreed though, shorty," Violet affectionately retorted and Clem purred, as she watched her emerge from the kitchen, two wine glasses in hand and a bottle of red wine in another. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of Clem's feet and she lightly flicked her toes up to Vi. "Of course you did."

"Mhmm, and you're short too, kitten," She cooed, but pushed her feet off, watching Violet settle down, placing the glasses down. "Hey now, you know I can't drink yet!"

"Jesus, you're 19," Violet snorted, as she uncorked the bottle, waving it in front of Clem. "So, you can consent to fuck someone, can get married, and go into the military, but can't drink a fucking bottle? Jesus, that's fucking stupid."

"Don't bitch at me, bitch to the president," Clem couldn't help but giggle, lightly nudging her shoulder as she watched her fill up the wine glasses. "But, seriously, only two more years and then I can."

"More for me," She huffed, and placed down the wine bottle, picking up one of the glasses. "Way too fancy."

"Louis would like it," Clem suggested and picked up the other glass, Violet raising an eyebrow. "I'm not drinking it, I'm looking at it."

"Whatever you say, Clem," Violet shook her head, her soft voice allowing a smile to alight her face. "And Louis probably was raised around fancier shit. He would call this some cheap wine, and bring in a 200-year-old aged bottle."

"That sounds kind of gross," Clem hesitated, before finally stating her thoughts, and placing her glass down. 

"Just wait until you start drinking," Violet simply stated, before taking a sip from the glass. It left a red stain on her lips and Clem giggled, taking a chance to lick at her own. "What?"

"Just you, kitten," She laughed and nudged Violet. "So, why did you take out the wine bottle? Bad day?"

"Every day is a bad day," Violet huffed and took a large gulp from the glass. "Just, wanted to, I don't know, do something I guess. Soon, I'll be graduating and going off to a training academy, away from you. Just, it's getting closer, y' know?"

"Yeah, yeah I know," Clem whispered and wrapped an arm around her lover's shoulders, nuzzling her head against her chin. "But I'll be here, supporting you all the way."

"Thanks," Violet whispered and smiled back, placing the glass down. "I mean it."

"I know," Clem giggled, pulling Violet close, and kissing her sweet mouth, tasting the wine she just drank. Gasping for breath, she grinned at her girlfriend. "You wanna take this somewhere else?"