A missing Tarika

…..

Tarika and Tasha reached home talking about cases. The day was long and tiring. Reaching home they got fresh and bid each other good Night.

Tarika lied down on bed when she heard her door being opened. Tasha showed up with her pillow.

''Can I sleep here?'''

''Of course not.'' Tarika denied plainly.

''Please na.''

''You missing home?''

''Umm… I am missing you.''

Tarika looked at her cop friend suspiciously for a while but made some space at one side of her bed too. Tasha jumped into the bed beside her.

''You are not sleeping here okay? Once we are done talking you are going to your room.'' Tarika made her statement clear.

''Fine.'' Tasha rolled her eyes.

''Proceed.''

''I don't know what to say and how.''

''Since when you have to think before you speak to me Tasha?'' Tarika was surprised.

''Actually I am little guilt.''

''Why/''

''I think I am interfering in your life way more than needed.''

''It's because I let you Tasha.''

''You shouldn't.''

''Tasha… why are you behaving so dramatic?'''

''Tarika look, I want to make it straight.''

''Yes, please.''

''You like Abhijeet sir?''

''Oh God! Not again Tasha!''

''Yes or No?''

''Would you please stop nagging me about this?'' Tarika said roughly.

''No. Not until I am satisfied.''

''You are right Tasha, you shouldn't be interfering in my matters this much.''

''I will think about it later but right now tell me what I am asking.''

''No Tasha. I am not in a mood to talk about this.'' Tarika left her bed and stood up.

''Why do you avoid this topic!'' Tasha demanded, leaving the bed. She stood in front of her best friend.

''Because it annoys me Tasha. Can't you see?''

''I can. But,''

''But what? You want to know if I like Abhijeet sir? Yes, I do like him. I like him in a way that I want to know him. I am not into him for God's sake! He makes me feel different. He makes me happy when he's around. But I am not a teenage to misinterpret it as love or something like that. You are more important than this to me. Happy now? Go to sleep and let me sleep.'' Tarika switched off the lights and lied down on bed.

''Tarika..'' Tasha wanted to apologize.

''Get the fuck out of here Tasha. I don't want to talk right now.''

Tasha stood there for a moment but then decided to talk to her at morning. She went to sleep to her room.

.

In Tasha's room Tasha was having trouble sleeping. She was remembering their childhood. Their school life and college life. They used to do so many pranks. She remembered Tarika's first crush happened in their twelfth class. For months they chased the boy, collected information about him. They tried so many tricks to make the boy notice Tarika and what not. Finally after 3 months when the boy proposed Tarika she denied him flatly. Tasha was like what the hell! Then why all those! 'That's a crush baby and its gone now.' Tarika had said. They laughed together so hard for weeks. In medical college a few crushes occurred too but no one was significant enough. Tarika didn't believed in fairy tales but she always waited for her Mr right.