two

A/N- hey guys, I have a few ideas for this story but first I wanna know, team Marco or team Noah???? Leave your response in the comments 👍🏼

~Elle~

Rachel's words floated round in my head for the next few days. If I chose the college based on the subject I was studying which was dance and performing arts, then I should base it off the university with the best faculty in that area. That way, it would be fair and nobody would be hurt.

I'd taken out my laptop in my local Starbucks, I plugged my earphones into my ear and started typing on the blog I was in the process of writing. Lee and Rachel were spending the day together, and Noah was volunteering at a local youth centre, he wanted to get his experience up so he had more chances of getting his overseas placement in the bag after he'd finished his undergrad. It was kind of nice to have the day to myself.

'Eyelids split at sunrise, morning breaks like splatter paint', the lyrics hummed in my ear. Marco. My first thought when I heard this song was him. I couldn't help but think of the way he held me, the way he kissed me, even the way he'd taken the punch off Noah for me. Everything in that moment, on that stage, felt right. He'd helped me win money for my studies, for Harvard, and I'd left him wondering why I never called him back. By the time the kissing booth had come around, I realised that I loved Noah. That was all that mattered, right?

I took a sip of my iced coffee, and quickly changed the song on my Spotify, I couldn't bare thinking about Marco for a moment longer. It felt like my head was going to explode.

"This seat taken?" I looked up from my laptop to Ollie standing next to me.

"Hey Ollie. No, it's free."

He placed his coffee down on the table, "I realised, I never properly thanked you. If it wasn't for you, I'd never have had the courage to act on my feelings for Miles." A small smile formed on my lips, and my heart galloped at the thought that The Kissing Booth had created such a beautiful moment.

"I'm just so glad we all got to see it, to see you pour your heart into him."

"We're really happy." His eyes beamed with joy, it was truly amazing to see. "I saw Noah floor Marco the other night. Are you okay?"

I was glad someone finally asked me how I actually felt for once, "honestly? I'm not sure right now. You know Noah, he can't help himself. But Marco was in the wrong for saying what he did."

He focused his gaze on me, "he likes you, you know that right?"

I felt my cheeks blush at that thought, honestly I never asked Marco his true feelings, but I knew he cared about me.

"I love Noah."

"Elle, I've seen the video from the dance contest. You don't kiss someone like that unless you have feelings for them."

Maybe Ollie was right. Maybe I did have feelings for Marco. But he'd never be Noah. Nobody would ever be Noah, and I don't think I could ever love anybody else the way I loved Noah.

My voice turned to a whisper, "I wish I never even entered that stupid contest in the first place, my life would be so much less confusing."

"Follow your heart, Elle." He flashed me a smile before leaving, he'd really given me something to think about, on top of everything else.

Placing my earphones back in, I continued typing out my blog entry. I started up the blog the day I'd received my letters from Harvard and Berkeley, writing helped me to take my mind off the decisions I would inevitably have to make. Right now, I wished my mom was alive to help me make the right decisions. God I miss you, mom.