three

A/N- Hey guys, I'm going to try and post one new chapter a week. But may be more if I'm feeling in the mood! I hope you enjoy this chapter... thanks for reading you stars xx

Also, I strongly advise you listening to 'Closer' by British band Sea Girls when reading this chapter, particularly Marco's POV.

~Elle~

The sounds of the machines humming, kids laughing and songs blasting was music to my ears. It always has been, ever since Lee and I stepped foot in the arcade when we were kids. It was no different nowadays. I hadn't danced since Marco, but somehow the dance machine was calling my name. Ever since the trip to the beach with Lee and Rachel, I had felt different... maybe it was that I felt closer to Mom. Whatever it was, it pushed me into making the life decisions I so desperately needed to make. I had chosen the college I was going to attend, and I had chosen Noah. Our relationship had gotten stronger, I'd tried to push every thought of Marco out of my head, and so far I had succeeded. After all, I know he deserves someone better than me, the more I stayed away, the more chance he'd have of finding that person.

Stepping onto the dance machine with Lee, my body completely relaxed, it's like every bad thought just faded away. I pulled my hair up into a high pony and started moving to the beats. These moments were the ones I'd always cherish, no matter how far away from Lee I was. We hadn't stopped laughing through our whole routine, Lee made it his job to pull stupid faces every time we faced each other, he knew exactly how to make me laugh. Lee Flynn was the best friend a girl could ever wish for.
"Hey, you think there'll be a dance club at Berkeley or Harvard?" He asks, as we queue for an ice cream.
I smile at the thought, "who knows? Maybe we can set our own up, and do dance competitions against each other. Evans vs. Flynn, Berkeley vs. Harvard."
He laughs, "oh you're totally going down..."
It broke my heart to lie to him, but I couldn't bare telling him the truth. I just hope both him and Noah forgive me when I tell them what I'd decided.
That was going to be the hardest part. Rule number #18, always be happy for your besties successes. I knew Lee would be eventually, but Noah on the other hand, well we'd just have to wait and see about that one.
"Elle?" Lee clicks his finger in front of me, snapping me back into reality.
"Shit, sorry. What?"
"What flavour ice cream?" The guy behind the ice cream stand asks, he looks almost identical to Marco, just a few years younger than him..
"Oh, erm honeycomb crunch, please."
I see Lee roll my eyes from beside me, my eyes widen as I hear his voice, I could recognise that from anywhere.
"Seb, can you go speak to Mom, she's out the back. I'll finish up here." Marco wipes the sweat from his brow with his sleeve before locking his gaze on mine. "Hey Elle, Lee."
"Hi, Marco."
"You work here?" Lee asks, the condescending tone evident in his voice.
"Helping out with my little brother. Plus, who doesn't need some more money for college?" He continues to serve our order, not taking his eyes off me the whole time. I swear I felt my heart melt out of my chest. Get a grip, Elle.
"So that's how you knew the arcade so well?"
"Guilty," he chuckles, his face scrunching up as he does so. Suddenly, my mind was on overdrive, I wanted to cry, laugh and scream all at the same time.
He hands us our ice creams, Lee tries to pull me away, but for some reason, no matter how much I told myself I shouldn't, I wanted to stay. I wanted to stay with Marco.
Why, Marco? Why, now?

~Marco~

If someone had told me before I transferred to Los Angeles Country Day that I'd be head over heels for a girl with a boyfriend, I'd of laughed in their face. That wasn't my style, it never has been. In fact, despite my reputation as a 'snack', I'd never had a serious relationship. I've always been too focused on my music, school and my family to even be interested in having a relationship. That changed the day I met Elle Evans.
"Come on, Elle. It's time to go." Lee said, trying to pull Elle's arm away from the ice cream stand, and most probably away from me.
"You go, I'll catch you up." Although my head was bowed, I tried to stop the smirk from forming on my lips.
"Really, Elle? After everything?" Lee said, his voice just above a whisper, but loud enough that I could hear.
"I just need to talk to him, to clear the air. He deserves that at least."
My heart sunk at Elle's words, she only wanted to clear the air. I don't know why I thought it would be more than that, Elle Evans is in love with Noah Flynn and that was something I'd have to get used to.
"Fine. I'll meet you back at my house. If Noah asks where you are I'll cover for you."
"Thanks, Lee." She hugged him before turning back to me.
"You wanna go for a walk?"
I nodded, and shouted to my Mom, "Mama, I'm taking a break."
She wandered back out to the front of the stand, gave me a smile and looked towards Elle, "have fun."