escaping 🏃‍♀️pt 1

y/n's pov
————————————————
i woke up to voices and beeping...

my eyes fluttered open to see quinn, ryder, and lexi standing in front of my bed talking to the doctor.

i looked around... was i on the hospital? maybe this is just the academy's nurse thing?

i yawn as quinn heads over to my side.

"thank god your okay," lexi said worriedly.

"how long have i been out for?" i ask

"....a week" quinn calmly states

my eyes widen and i feel my heart stop. she starts laughing. 

"kidding! maybe like.. 2 hours?" she smiles.

i sighed and roll my eyes.

"that wasn't funny, you made me think i missed my birthday" i told her.

she shrugged, "whatever, i though it was funny"

"we brought you m&ms and get well soon cards" ryder hander me the cards. well, CARD.

'FROM; RYDER' it read.

"you sure it wasn't just you?" i looked up at him with a smile.

"well, yeah! quinn and lexi-jade said in was unnecessary. they're just mean" he squinted his eyes at the two of them.

"hahahah right" quinn laughs "doctor says you can get out in a second. just wait till he comes back"

we stayed there taking for about five minutes before the doctor came in with a clipboard. he told us that i was fine and that i just choked on my food. he even said to eat more carefully. i was confused... didn't that guy michael do something to me?

"yeah i thought so too" quinn whispered to me while we left the nurses office.

"that guy was very weird, i tried reading his mind but it was like he was blocking me" quinn explained.

"maybe he has like power blocking powers?" lexi asked.

"i don't know, i mean, he seemed very suspicious to me" ryder said.

i nodded as we walked to our dorms.

"what day is it?" i looked over at quinn as i closed the door.

"uh- wednesday? i don't know? maybe thursday..." she said confused

"WHAT?!" i gasped,

"MY BIRTHDAYS TOMORROW?!" i yelled shockingly.

"i guess so, i mean, i heard they buy you a birthday cake" ryder nodded at me.

"i feel like it's been only 3 days since s we've gotten here" quinn said, still confused

i shrugged and got changed. i felt hungry since i didn't get to eat breakfast. thanks a lot, michael. well, i'm not jumping to conclusions or anything but his smile still creeps me out.

i can't believe my birthdays tomorrow. already? what about my family and friends? i just wanna be with them right n—

"hey, look, a new van is coming in!" quinn exclaimed whilst looking out the window.

me and ryder rushed over to her side.

the van was different, it was light brown and regular windows- the others had tinted ones. we all stayed silent and waited to see who was gonna come out.

as the doors opened, i held my breath. the suspense was killing me. i saw four people come out from the back. wait... is that...

"hey, y/n, isn't that your sister—"

"billie, that's billie a-and my brother finneas and- WAIT WHAT are they doing here?"

—————————————————————

i'll be back 🙂