SIGN

Jeremy leads you to to a neat black car he parked two streets away from the hotel.
As you sit down at the passenger seat he gets in at the driver's side and closes the door.
Then he takes off the hilariously big sunglasses he was wearing and gets out of the strange big coat, that almost made you laugh really hard as you saw him in it for the first time a few minutes ago.

You neither understand why he takes it off now nor why he was wearing it in general before, but you don't want to ask. He will have his reasons and if it was important for you to know he would have told you. But he didn't so it's none of your business.

He starts the car and drives out of the parking lot. You wait until some time passed before you start a conversation.
As you finally decide its the right moment to talk again, he is the first one to speak.
"So how was your night? Have you been sleeping well? ", he asks something harmless.

You nod and explain how you first were too thrilled and nervous about the next day to be able to go to sleep, but soon you sank into the pillows and slept better than any night the weeks before. He says, he's happy to hear that.
Then you start talking about how you will work from now on.

He and your former chef agreed that you still can send things you produced to the shop. If you do, you will be payed the same as before, the only difference will be that you won't host birthday parties and other events anymore.
You think that's a pretty good solution, so there's nothing wrong with that could make you disagree.

From now on you will be living and working at the home of Ava and Jeremy. You will eat there and won't have to pay rent or worry about other costs. That surprised you, if you are honest, but you didn't get to ask why.
The even bigger surprise was when he told you that you were still getting 100$ per day and more if any events take place or something special happens.

Though not having to pay for  anything and still getting money was already great, he now tells you that you and Ava will be able to choose the new furniture for the guest room you will move in. And you are supposed to help Ava, of course that's your job, with whatever she wants to do. Also you are supposed to plan different creative works, maybe one per day, choose nice books and movies, all that's needed to keep Ava busy and happy.
Nothing you have a problem with either, so you technically just got the job you never even allowed yourself to dream of.

You've been driving for a while now and you forgot to look out the window to maybe know where you are. But that maybe wouldn't have helped you either, because you are still new and haven't seen much of the city now. It's already looking a bit lonely, as if you were leaving the town...

You keep chatting and so you come to the point where you have to talk about your family. It's still hard for you, but you decided to trust Jeremy. As your new boss, but hopefully as a friend too.

"I've been found somewhere at the country roads in Scotland, next to nothing. Gladly the car that stopped to pick me up was owned by one of the owners of an orphanage. There I grew up. They gave me a name and all the papers a kid needed to be legally alive. But I don't know my parents. Since I was ten years old I grew up with family that took care of me without an adoption. So they never really were my family too. I always hid in my projects, writing, drawing, crafting, so I wouldn't disturb anyone. I wanted to move to America since I can remember. I don't know why, maybe it was fate or something, but now I am really happy I did it. "

After you ended your little speech, Jeremy is silent for a while. Then, as he sees that you are smiling, not compromised by your past, but looking forward for your future, he smiles too and begins an answer.

"Thank you for being this honest to me. And let me say I'm really happy you are here too. Ava always had problems with trusting people and finding friends for the last years, but she really likes you. You make her happy and that makes me happy, so I'm glad that you met her. I really am. And I hope you will stay with us for a longer while. " He winks.

"And there's one thing I want to thank you for left. I am really happy you treat us like normal people. Just like human beings, that helps Ava a lot, I think. "
"Why should I treat you different? ", you ask confused. Something in your brain starts to work. The alarm bell you shut is now getting louder again. The pieces of the puzzle you thought were all at the right places start moving.

You stop in front of a great house, almost a mansion. Your heart beat goes faster.
"Oh, I'm happy you see like this", Jeremy answers, not noticing your nervousness.
"Many people wouldn't. Most would rather freak out when they only see me. And I'm sure some would sell their soul to the devil to become the babysitter of the Renner family. "

He says this all in his calm normal voice.
Then it hits you.
All pieces found their new place.
The puzzle is complete.
Your heart stops.

JEREMY RENNER

I'm sorry that there is a backstory against my plan of staying in the moment so everyone could imagine themselves in, please don't be mad
Hey guys, I hope you like the new chapter!
It was so much fun to write and quickly finished.
So maybe there will be a second one today...
Have fun