INGENIOUS

You can't move a single muscle.
Hit by reality you sit there.
At the passenger seat of a car.
Next to a man.
Next to Jeremy Renner.
Damn, how couldn't you realize that!
How?!

You look at him and get the next shock. This car ride was definitely not good for your heart.
He sits on his seat, but now his head lies on the steering wheel.
He suddenly looks extremely exhausted. You didn't see that, although you looked at him for almost the whole ride.

You gently touch his shoulder. He doesn't react. His eyes are closed now.
You start to panic again.
What are you supposed to do?!
You start shaking him a little harder.
He still stays the same. No reaction.
You shake him again and again, every time a little harder,but still really careful.
You can't hurt him!

Finally he opens his eyes and tries to say something. But he can't. He gulps and manages to spit out : "Too long... Awake... Ava... Can't... She can't... See me.. Like this "
His breath goes hard, but you are sure you understand. It must've been really hard to keep his energy up the whole ride, you wonder how he was able do do that, seeming all fine and now breaking down and you couldn't notice .
You take of the belt and get out of the car.
You walk over to the door at the driving side.
Carefully you open it and take Jeremy out.

Somehow you manage to get you both to the front door of the impressive building.
Happily Jeremy can still walk, so you only have to help him. You wouldn't be able to carry him on your own.
As you stand in front of the entry you realize that you have no idea how you should open it.
Gladly Jeremy has gathered enough strength to speak again. "Open the front door ", he says and the door almost immediately swings away.

You can feel Jeremy drifting away, he won't be awake any longer. You walk through the hall into a wide open living room. If you can still call it walking. It's more you dragging him than anything else.
He sinks down on the couch, eyes already closed. He looks extremely exhausted.
How long was he awake last night?!
What did he do?
What can take so much power of a grown man, that he literally can't keep his eyes open?

The thing that makes you think the most is, that you didn't see that he was that bad.
Neither yesterday nor as he picked you up less than an hour ago.
You stared at him almost the whole time as you were driving here, not having a clue that he would have a break down any second.
You feel guilty, very guilty...

You look at him, laying on the couch.
He fell asleep. You don't know what you're supposed to do now...

Suddenly you hear little feet tapping on the ground as Ava slowly enters the room.
She wears an incredible cute dress. There are flowers all over it.
She shyly smiles at you.
Then she asks:"What is Daddy doing there? "
You gulp and force a smile as natural as you can.
"He's really tired. We should let him sleep, you know? It's my first time here, so why don't you show me where I'm gonna live from now on? Come on, give me a little tour around the house! And then we can play until your Dad wakes up again. Okay? "
She nods.
"Then let's go, little princess! "

She turns around and slowly walks out the door.
You take a last second to put a blanket over Jeremy. A soft smile appears on his face. Seems like he really needed that.
You smile too as you silently follow Ava to get to know your new home.

I'm so sorry it took me so long.
I granted myself a weekend too...
I'm really happy to tell you that we're finally at the point of the story where I started telling it to myself.
The rest I came up with just for you ;)
So enjoy!

I try my best to give you one tomorrow again!