Chapter 2

It was the last Sunday of August. For the Celestian people that meant huge celebrations for the arrival of the fall. It was the sunniest day the Kingdom of Celestia had ever seen. A kingdom isolated from the rest of the world did not always have hot and sunny days. The weather there changed like magic. One day, it could be boiling hot and the next day freezing cold. Everyone was eating ice creams which were dripping on their clothes. All the little girls were wearing colourful sundresses. The children were laughing, and the atmosphere was soft and calming. Vibrant Colours and distinctive smells were surrounding the habitants of Celestia. The most powerful smells were the melted butter on popcorn and the vivid smell of sun cream.

The people there were welcoming although they tended to be cold. Especially with visitors who did not understand their culture. They had a huge history and many traditions that started in the beginning of time. Celestia existed since forever. She is as old as the earth.

To be honest, the Celestians did not like visitors at all. The visitors were the main reason Celestia was not well known or connected with the rest of the world. Because the visitors came, destroyed their loved country, and killed their Queen. Their Queen who filled everyone with hope for a better future. The sadness the massacre of the Queen caused had as a result, the suicide of the King. And at last, the ascending to the throne of the only 11-year-old prince Harrington. He was a kid and he had to rule an entire Kingdom on his own and get over the death of his parents.

But the years have passed. Harrington is no longer 11 years old. King Harrington was a brave and handsome man in his late 40s. As his parents both died when he was only a kid, he cared about the orphans of the kingdom. He made sure all the orphans were staying in a safe and welcoming environment. Furthermore, there were not people living in the streets, and it was all because of their great King. He believed that nobody should in the streets no matter how bad life treated them. Harrington was not only caring and loving to his people, but he also had a very open mind.

For him, boys and girls should have the same opportunities. There should not be any racial or religious discriminations. He believed that no matter how different we were from one another; we were all equal. Everyone was free to do whatever they wanted as long as their actions were not illegal or anarchical. That feeling of liberty always made the civilians feel safe. Celestia was a paradise. Everyone wanted to stay there but it is impossible to find a land that secret.

The enemies of the king were always horrified by his decisions. Even though everyone was happy, they believed that he was foolish and corrupted. For them, his goal was to manipulate his people. They always judged and criticized his actions. Especially his choice about the heir of the throne.

With his wife, they had a daughter, whom they believed was the most beautiful girl in Celestia. Princess Kiara had caramel skin and amber eyes who were always making you feel like home. She had thick curly brown hair which fitted with her personality. Her hair was almost always in braids. Her laugh was sweet and melodic. She was well educated with great manners. Kiara had a lot of friends and she tended to support a more normal lifestyle. She wanted to be like her mother when she grew up.

She had friends not only from the kingdom but also with the children of her mothers friends. Kiara felt that James and Sarah were being her friends because they liked her and not because they had to. She loved visiting New York although it was long ride from her hometown. But hanging out with the best people she has ever met definitely made it up for her.

Her birthday present for every year was to go to the Big Apple and have fun. Having Royal blood was never easy. You always have to follow some rules who do not make sense to the eyes of a teenage girl. You have to be careful of what you say, of how you stand and how you behave. But it was in Kiaras nature to be well mannered. That was a huge advantage as she was getting less attention.

Kiara was a role model to many young girls in the kingdom but there was one thing that was wrong with the princess. The fact that she was a girl. In the Celestian tradition, the heir of the throne had to be male. The girls were getting married to other kings. This was happening to create relationships with the other kingdoms.

King Harrington changed the rule of the male heir. He believe so much on it and he did not have any other children except of his daughter.

His enemies were always planning ways to kill him or make him resign from his position. But they were always failing. The majority loved the King. Nobody had anything to say about his tactics.

Kiara admired her mother who was a woman from New York. She met Harrington when he visited the great library in New York. She was studying at the university at the time and love was not her top priority. The King fell in love with her and he wanted Amelia to be with him for the rest of their lives.

Amelia used to believe that Harrington was your average royal guy when they first met. He always seemed too perfect which annoyed her a lot. But after a special evening in the Royal Library of Celestia, everything changed. It was the night after her best friend got married when she was only 19. Harrington was the only person left for her to talk to.

He told her everything, all his problems and insecurities, his dreams, and goals. And she did the same. They spent an entire evening talking. Talking about their friends and family. Only them, the stars, and the moon. No fancy dinners, no elegant clothes, not gourmet restaurants. Only the two of them, in a library, gazing into each others eyes. No strings attached. The universe did its thing. The next morning Harrington was sure Amelia felt the same way for him, that he did for her. That they meant destined to be together. That they were soulmates.

When Kiara was little, every single night begged her parents to tell her how they met and fell in love. And so, they did for 1500 days. The reason she wanted them to say it every night was so she could find someone who would make her feel the same way. The look on Amelies eyes when she was looking at Harrington was the gaze of true love. Kiara remembers as it was yesterday making the promise to herself. It was the first thing Kiara remembers promising to herself to find someone she could look at that way. But soon she realized that she did not want that kind of love in her life. She needed her family, her friends, and sweet memories to be happy. That was why on 1501 day she told them to not tell her their story. Her parents a little confused accepted her for who she was.

But little did Kiara know that the sunniest day ever would end up being the coldest and most brutal day in her life. The most beautiful and soothing day would let her cry herself to sleep and turn her life upside down. Only one thing can ruin the prettiest day. A day that sunny resembles a mirror. A little sun can cause a huge fire and destroy everything.