Chapter 22

The sun rose as always. The mighty Friday morning had arrived. The day that one of them had to be sacrificed and for the others to try and stay alive.
James along with Morgan and Freya, they were sleeping in the basement. Neither of them wanted to be alone. They knew very well that together, they would defeat Meredith and her evil army. They were afraid of what would happen if they did not find the two boys in time.
James did not sleep at all that night. He did not want to kill. He was afraid that the monster that he was only a week ago would be awakened and would not sleep again. Or maybe he was afraid of his desire to kill. He enjoyed a little too much killing someone. Deep inside he was excited to kill. He felt that the black lines on his skin would reappear.
Morgan woke up first and made coffee for her and the others. "We have to get ready. We don't know the exact time the attack will start" Morgan said half asleep. She stood up but closed her eyes in pain.
"Does your hip hurt? You should not come today. It is dangerous" James said with worry in his eyes.
Morgan got angry. "It is my hip, not yours. Thanks for caring but I am alright. I am fine, I promise" Morgan announced.
Morgan told everyone that her hip was fine and that she would give her best at the battle. But deep within she knew that she would be a burden. She was not designed to fight on the battlefield. Her place was in an engineering lab. She was the man in the chair. Not the hero like Freya. She still had fever, but she did not want anyone to know. She felt horrible. Her body hurt and she was shivering.
Freya got up, after she finished her coffee. "I still think that we have to find Seb and Howard. We need them. We can't do this on our own" Freya exclaimed.
"The ARC has sent 5 helicopters and agents all over the city. They are nowhere to be found. As it seems it's just the three of us." James said with sadness in his eyes. He was much more worried that he showed them.
Freya started biting her nails. "Kiara found the worst time to disappear". Kiara disappeared in a mysterious way, similar to the way Seb and Howard did.
Morgan chuckled "I know she would pull a stunt like that. You should not even go there Freya. It would be better if she had rotten in that cellar with the rats" she bitterly said.
Freya clenched her fists "Morgan don't be rude. We need Kiara and she is not that bad"
Morgan nodded in disagreement "She left us at the worst time possible. My brother and Seb are nowhere to be found and we do not have a plan. Except if you know how to kill robot monsters that are invulnerable. Which you do not. She also knew that Meredith had stolen my robot, but she did not think that it was important to let us know. And her reason why she didn't tell us was because she attacked me and called me a b*tch"
"Why do we still talk about Kiara. She is my friend but..." James said but Morgan shushed him.
"Have you ever thought that Meredith knew everything about us because she was with Kiara all the time? I am sure she told her about her real life. Kiara did not care for our lives. If she did, she would not snap at me. We are in this situation because Kiara couldn't keep her mouth shut. Because she was too selfish to tell me about the robot"
Freya turned red. "No Morgan. We are at this situation because you do not want to be your friend. You create cyborgs with artificial intelligence and don't even put them in secure location."
Morgan gasped. "So you think all this is my fault!"
Freya paled. "I am sorry. I should not have said that. But I do not think there is only Kiara to take the blame. It's everyone's fault."
Morgan was tense. "So you think it's my fault. James do you think the same?"
James was not in the mood to fight. "It's not your fault but it's kind of is. But it is what it is. We cannot go in the past changed what happened. I wished we could but it's impossible."
They all sat in silence for a few seconds.
"I wish you were on my side for once" Morgan pouted.
"Let us relax and get ready. Both Howard and Sebastian drank from the vial. One of them will be sacrificed. Hopefully, everything will be over before they start." Freya said ignoring what Morgan said.
Morgan rolled her eyes and sighed. "How are you so calm. Your boyfriend is trying to commit suicide..."
"Get sacrificed" Freya corrected Morgan.
"However, you want to say it. And it is like you do not even care. I may hate my brother, but I care that he is trying to get killed" Morgan said with a bold voice.
"Get Sacrificed" James corrected this time.
Freya chuckled "I am anxious. I am petrified that I cannot even change his mind. I feel horrible that I might never see him again alive but that is the circle of life. I hate that I did not even said goodbye. There is nothing I can do about. I have a lot of responsibility in my arms. I would love to be the sacrifice instead of him or Howard, but it is too late. The only thing we can do is get ready and kill as many robots as possible. We have to buy time for whoever is going to be the sacrifice. Not cry for them while they are still alive. Besides death is only the beginning" Freya replied.
"Whatever. Please don't start again the conversation about the life past death" Morgan exasperated.
Freya smiled. "I won't. Do not worry. And you never know. Maybe Kiara will buy us time. That's why she disappeared."
Morgan rolled her eyes and held Freya's hand "I don't think so Freya. Let us get ready, we are running out of time"
Freya went to Sandra's house where she changed. She did not go back to James' house. She chugged down the rest of the liquid and left from the back door. She had to do what the others did not have the guts to. She had to find Howard and Sebastian before they sacrificed themselves.