CHAPTER 21

ANNIE POV

Today I tell Arthur that I want to go to the library. Its been a while and now I missed going there. When I told him, we end with argue. He wants me to stay at home, I don't get his point. Why would he want me to stay at home, beside I'm boring, I think I need fresh air. After a long discussion with him, and he see me cranky, frustrated, and look depression, in the end he allow me to go but with one condition, he set two personal body guard to following me.

I hate when he doing that. I know it for my safety, but can't I be like normal people. I sigh, its not easy handling my soon to be husband a billionaire. Arthur assigned Tom and Sawyer as my personal body guard today.  Arthur already left, he said he had an important meeting this morning.

After get dress, I walking down stairs to the kitchen, I see Pierre standing beside refrigerator. He turn his head looking at me and smiled. He told me that Mia is already left, saying goodbye to him then I going outside. In front of the house I see Tom and Sawyer is already there, they bow at me, a little bit nervous I nodded then slide in the car. In the car both of them stay silent, I pull out my phone to message Arthur

baby, when I woke up you already left. I going with Tom and Sawyer to the library

I put my phone in my lap then looking at the window seeing the view. My phone vibrates I checked

Sweetheart, never leaving both of them will you, stay safe and I love you

I smiled reading his messages, and when we arrive Tom open his door and he turn around to my door and open it for me, while I'm come inside the library Sawyer stay outside. Tom following me inside,say hallo to everyone there then I turn my head to Tom and   pointed to him to sit in the chair while I looking around. He nodded but keep stand his guard. Ignored him, I walking to the book section, grabbing one book, then take a seat near the book section, I see Tom sit not far away from me, but he keep his distance from me. While focusing reading book, I felt someone take a seat beside me. turn my head to look, my body trembling, shocking.

Its my mother, her face look like we don't know each other, just random people sitting beside me. I stay still, wondering what will she do. I glanced at her, she's opening her book, pretend reading her book, but her lips whispering at me softly, I guess no one will realized that she's speaking with me

"Darling, where have you been ? why are you avoiding me ? you know what I want isn't ? now I see that you have body guard near you, I guess you get the big catch don't you. That billionaire is keeping you from me. Do you know how hard to get closed with you without notice. And now don't pretend you don't hear me, and stop being such an idiot daughter. I need money, I know you have a lot especially when that billionaire seems in love with you, I hate when his lawyers come to me and threatened me. Don't testing me darling, and reply my messages, don't even think to runaway again. Oh, before I forget, don't ever try to tell him about this, you know what can I do. So think before react darling."

After that she stand then leaving me like nothing happened. I don't realized that I keeping my breath, when I exhale my breath, I'm crying, my body shaken, trembling, shocking with fear. Tom notice my attitude, he stand then come to me quickly. When he see me still crying, he press button in his ear then speaking slowly.

I sit there for a moment until I see Arthur coming to me and hug me. I see him, my tears running harder again, he soothing me, whispering sweet things and stroking my back. We stay like that until I feel calm, my body started to relaxed, every time I near him, whenever I got scared or feared only him who can appease me.

My mind started remembering what happened before, my last conversation with my mother. I know I never keep a secret to Arthur. Secret only makes everything worse, that's way I never lied to him. Staring at his eyes, his face look worried, his hand still wiping my tears on cheeks. I decided to told him everything.

His face turn dark, angry, and clench his fist, I wonder if this is not library, I bet he already shouting. He stand told me to stand up, He grip my waist, start walking out from library, Tom following, him, I see Sawyer stand next to the car. He open the door told me to step into the car. Outside, I see he giving instruction to them, then he slide next to me. Along our way home, I glance at him, his face tense, he put his hand on my thigh, caressing it.

At home, he get out from the car, take my hand suddenly put me bridal style, rushing walking inside the house, take upstairs I notice he take me to our room. He put me to the bed, he sit beside me, he put my head on his chest. He take his deep breath kiss the top of my head

"Baby, I'm scared to death when Tom called me. Damn, why you have to went there? I'm sorry I wasn't there when your mother met you. I have to dismissed that damn body guard, because they didn't do their job well. They didn't protected you"

When I hear that, I started crying again, "no, its not their fault baby, don't fire them. My mother always have her ways, are you mad at me ? should I keep it from you ? I just didn't want to lie." and now I cry harder than before. I just feel awful if Arthur fired them because of me.

"Hey baby, sweetheart, don't cry okay ... I hate seeing you like this. Its not good for our baby, gosh, they save this time because of you" he sigh annoying.

I get closer, snuggled to him, feeling secure. We laying in the bed, cuddle, without realized, I'm sleeping. When I woke up, I see Arthur is no where to be seen. I touch his side but its cold. I get up then walking to his office. In front of the door, I heard his voice, he sound angry, he shouting at that person. Scared, but I open the door, he don't see I'm coming, he still focusing with his phone, shouting angry.

"I don't care how you fix it. Do it quickly" he hang the phone and turn around.

As soon he see me, he's eyes turn softly, take my hand, and put me to sit in his lap. He put his head in my belly.

"Sweetheart don't stress yourself. I always be here for you and with you. We can face this together" he said

This time I can't let her hurt me again, I love Arthur and Mia so much, for the I'll fight back. I don't care if she's my mother, she wasn't a part of my family since a long time ago.